Insider Bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
I did a search but didn't come up with any prior posts. My apology if this has been discussed before: does anyone have any comments about this item as a teaching tool? It certainly comes with some high level endorsements, but would like to hear from others in the trenches. Thank you.

Jan 24, 2011
My DD travel team has been using it for the past two season. We use it a lot and soft toss wiffle balls. Really promotes getting the hands inside the ball

Jim

Apr 24, 2011
Ohio
I believe it shows the concept of being "inside the ball" well, however if using routinely I think it would develop a weak top hand and would create a path with too much lag of the barrel through the hitting zone with a "real" bat.

The grip is one of the better aspects of the Insider Bat. The Bat Jack Grip Trainer produces a similar type of grip but it can be used on your own bat. The Bat Jack Grip Trainer - Baseball / Softball Swing Aid Develops Proper Bat Grip For Hitting

R

RayR

I use it routinely to get hitters to feel an inside path to the ball...the correct set up is necessary to use the insider bat correctly....and knowing where the ball should go when hit....

Jim

Apr 24, 2011
Ohio
I use it routinely to get hitters to feel an inside path to the ball...the correct set up is necessary to use the insider bat correctly....and knowing where the ball should go when hit....

When hitting the ball to dead center field, the hand position at contact with the Insider Bat vs. the hand position with a "real" bat is very different.

How do you explain this to your students?

R

RayR

I don't. The brain has to train the hands to start from the inside - this tool helps do that by providing quantative results....I don't use this exclusively, but it is part of the training. It works for our hitters....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA