I'm gonna be the first to say it.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 25, 2011
Southern Illinois
Skipped breakfast this morn. cause I was still full from eating my words about Cards not being able to slug with the Rangers. What clutch hitting(and collapsing bullpen).
I hope they have an aed located near Nolan Ryan's seat. If I was him I'ld be ready to fire someone after watching all the errors and poor bullpen performance. There is no way I would let Ogando or Feliz near the mound tonight.
How many times last night did we hear the Rangers were down to 1 out or 1 strike?
Rangers are beat up and how many times how many times have the Cards been counted out. I hate to jump sides and usually don't but I am surrounded by redbird(our high school team) fans. Oh well, Go Rangers!

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
That was just ugly. Looked like Washington second guessed himself all night beginning with not Pinch Hitting Lewis with the bases loaded.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Great and exciting game last night. I sure was tired at work today, didn't fall asleep until 2 am.

For a second with all the errors, I thought I was watching my DD's team play. :)

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Great and exciting game last night. I sure was tired at work today, didn't fall asleep until 2 am.

For a second with all the errors, I thought I was watching my DD's team play. :)

Is your DD's team really that sloppy?

It wasn't just the 5 charged errors, there were at least 4 miss played balls turned into hit's including Freese's dramatic 2 strike game tying 9th inning tripple. A runner getting picked off 3rd with the basesload and 1 out while injuring himself in the process and getting himself removed from teh game 7 roster. Not to mention the 3 horrible bunts - one a 5-6-4 DP, the other resulting in the P thowing the ball to CF but the runner not advancing to 3rd because he nearly twisted his ankle going into the bag wrong way and the last a possible game ending triple play that luckily for Loshe sailed over Beltre's head. And that was after the genius burned not one but two pitchers pinch hitting that AB that called for a SAC since he'd earlier exaushted his last position player. And Washington's moves were just one head stracther after another. Good times all around.

But it sure was one fun game to watch. Nice to see the pros at the highest level bumbling around. Pleanty of blame in hitting, fielding, running, pitching and managing on both teams yesterday. Usually it is only one team looking like the keystone cops but yesterday both teams turned the trick.

Though I will say sometimes the left coast has its advatages as I was asleep at a very reasonable hour.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Is your DD's team really that sloppy?

Trust me when I say we have had a few games like that one. 2 years ago in a state tourney we got #1 seed in pool play, ran through the brackets undefeated, got to the champ game and looked like we had never played ball in our lives. Spraying the ball all over the place, errors, pitching was awful, catcher dropped every 3rd strike, outfield couldn't catch a cold much less a fly ball.

Had to go to the "what if" game. We somehow pulled it together and won. It's funny to think about it now, but wasn't funny at the time. :)

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Belated congrat to the Cards and their fans.

As a fan of neither team but a fan of baseball in general, overall a fun series to watch though G7 was a bit of a let down. I wish it had at least some of the drama of G6.

And Tony La Russa retiring on top.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
i enjoyed every minute of the series. I knew it was going to be a battle on both fronts. The exciting part was watching my life long team break so many records, before and during the series. A lesson to all us coaches and DD's to never give up, even when all have written us off.

La Russa went out on top, he will be missed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1