I'm gonna be the first to say it.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I thought that Allen Craig was given a "hit and run" sign. It was Pujols mistake, wasn't it? (I don't listen to the announcers. They are as bad as some of the WCWS people.)

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
The scuttle butt today, but after the announcers said it last night, is that Albert gave the hit and run. I've never heard that he could or did do that but the media is now running with it after McCarver said last night that "he thinks" Albert gave the hit and run. I'll be interested in knowing the truth.

I preach all of the time for my hitters to "have a plan" when they step in to the box. For example, runners on 2nd and 3rd, look fastball away and drive the ball to the right center gap. If you are a left hander, then you are looking for a fastball in to drive. I could not believe the number of fastballs we took last night. It drove me crazy. Last night was the first time in years where I had to walk out on a game. I hardly ever miss a Cardinal's game. I acutally had to go out into my garage and sort golfballs since I was so angry at their lack of aggressiveness at the plate with runners in RBI spots. BTW, what an insult to Holliday! Walk Pujols all night to get to him and he can't handle the pressure. When we squander a pitching performance like Carpenter put on last night, I think we are in real trouble with Lohse on the mound Wednesday. Our forecast, btw, is for rain, cold, high winds ... High in the mid to low 50s and in the 40s during the game.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I don't have a horse in this race, but I just love the Rangers' coach. I hadn't even seen him, before. The Rangers seem to be having fun and looking to win, while the Cards are tight and playing not to lose.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
I don't have a horse in this race, but I just love the Rangers' coach. I hadn't even seen him, before. The Rangers seem to be having fun and looking to win, while the Cards are tight and playing not to lose.

Wash is great. fun to see him cheering in the dugout like a fan.

He was a utility IF in MLB who couldn't hit a lick but I remember him as the A's infield coach for years (possibly the base running coach too that I'm not sure about). But he was such a good IF coach that Eric Chavez game him his Gold Glove one year saying Washington desevered it as much as he did.

Funny thing was Washington was almost fired before the season started last year over a some positive cocaine test he had. But the Rangers decided to give him one pass on it and it has worked out pretty good so far with 2 WS appearances in 2 years.

Should be a good game on Wednesday if it doesn't rain.

If it does get rained out, who does that help more?

May 7, 2008
Tucson
If it rains it out, it would help the Cardinals or perhaps make it even. The Cards have been in Texas and now, traveled home, while the Rangers have been in their own beds and are just making this one flight.

I am not knowledgeable about the pitching rotation. And of course, every day of rest that Hamilton can get, helps the Rangers.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
If it rains it out, it would help the Cardinals or perhaps make it even.
You are probably right. I don't think it changes game 6 at all as that will be Lewis-Gracia no matter what and with the off day both pens should be rested and ready to go.

But if it gets to G7 the Cards can skip Loshe and bring Jackson back on normal rest.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
If they lose game 6, Nolan Ryan is going to have a heart attack. He acts like it is his kid up to bat and on the mound. And what good does it do, for his wife to keep patting him on the back? That would bother me to no end.

Apr 25, 2010
A little off topic, but I was just watching game 6 of the 1986 Series.... Red Sox vs. Mets. Talk about a comedy of errors!

Back on topic, I don't think I've ever seen so many intentionally walked batters in MLB as I saw during that game last night. Geez!

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Like Amy I don't have a horse in this race but I do root AL unless the Red Sox are in it so I'm pulling for Texas but dang this has been an exciting WS.

G6 sure was some ugly baseball with poor fielding, poor bunting and poor base running a bit of everything, but it sure was one heck of an exciting game.

I wonder if G7 can come close to G6. Almost seems like it might be anti-climatic with one team blowing out the other. I hope I'm wrong and we get great game tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom