If your team could only play 1...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2013
Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
How many out of state tournaments are y'all playing? Maybe it is just me, but more than a one or two seems crazy to me at 12U.

Jad, You shouldn't let Georgia softball be so good. We played 14 total tourneys as a first year 12U team in 2015. Out of those 6 were in Georgia and had it not been for all the rain we would have played another in November. On top of those we were scheduled to play in the qualifier in Valdosta in late November but go our berth during the Atlanta Fastpitch Classic. My daughter ended up picking up two more weekends for an friend's Atlanta team so we played as much over there as here.

The spring we came over to play the good 02's like the Impact while our 02's were still playing school ball. Once summer hit there are just more quality teams over your way.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Jad, You shouldn't let Georgia softball be so good. We played 14 total tourneys as a first year 12U team in 2015. Out of those 6 were in Georgia and had it not been for all the rain we would have played another in November. On top of those we were scheduled to play in the qualifier in Valdosta in late November but go our berth during the Atlanta Fastpitch Classic. My daughter ended up picking up two more weekends for an friend's Atlanta team so we played as much over there as here.

The spring we came over to play the good 02's like the Impact while our 02's were still playing school ball. Once summer hit there are just more quality teams over your way.

AL teams looking for A-level competition come to GA on a regular basis, but the OP is from FL and they usually have good competition of their own. If someone asked me to pick the top 4 states for fastpitch softball I would choose CA, TX, FL and GA.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia

GA has some good teams, but I wish they would build some nicer facilities. Have you ever been to Tyger River in SC? Puts any park we have played in GA to shame....Chattanooga, TN also has two great complexes.

Aug 20, 2013
AL teams looking for A-level competition come to GA on a regular basis, but the OP is from FL and they usually have good competition of their own. If someone asked me to pick the top 4 states for fastpitch softball I would choose CA, TX, FL and GA.

Our 12u is pretty weak overall. This team has been playing 14s locally but for any competition in 12u, we pretty much have to travel.

Oct 2, 2012
on the Field
Our 12u is pretty weak overall. This team has been playing 14s locally but for any competition in 12u, we pretty much have to travel.

This is pretty true for us as well. We are a newly formed team with an A level organization. We plan to play all 14u locally which is USSSA. The Elite series hasn't really took off here yet. We plan to play 12U in the ASA qualifiers. Maybe I'm old school but there's still something to earning a spot vs just paying a fee to play. I do find the Elite series interesting, hopefully more teams will get on board.

Sent from my typewriter

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
I saw a post this weekend that one of the BatBuster/Mizuno teams is fundraising to come to KC in 12U. Hopefully some more west coast teams join them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors