If you had to switch to Easton from LXT, Xeno, or CF*

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
We are a fully sponsored Easton organization now, so there is a transition to all Easton equipment, including bats. After trying several team bats last fall, our girls mostly bought LS bats, but some have Demarini's. Only one preferred the Mako, so I am in a quandary as to what bat will swing like any of those. The girls with LXT's absolutely love their bats, and will be heartbroken about changing. Any thoughts on models to try? I guess there aren't too many. We haven't bought the green bat yet, so maybe that's the next team bat.

CB

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Just out of curiosity, what kind of "deal" do you get by being sponsored by Easton? Unless they are giving you the bats for free, I would tell the girls they can use whatever they want. We called Ringor one time years ago asking if they were interested in sponsoring our team. They said "sure, we will give the entire team a 15% discount on a pair of cleats".....we decided to pass.

Oct 10, 2011
The Mako is the real deal but does run heavy and isn't as hot out of the wrapper. Once they get some good swings on it I think they will like them. We just had a long time Xeno girl switch. She had the Mako a year though and just used it sometimes in practice. I asked her why and she said it was hitting farther now. She hit 5 dingers in HS and she's not a big girl. Maybe they will fall in love with time like my wife did with me lol.

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
Our team has several different makes and models, I like the feel of the Mako, just seems a bet heavier than the LXT. Our bat dealer stopped carrying the green Easton, not sure if it was lack of sales or what.

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
Nothing Easton makes will feel anything close to an LXT. Ditto for DeMarini.

They'll just have to deal with the heavier Mako and try to get used to it.

Yeah, i was afraid of that.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of "deal" do you get by being sponsored by Easton? Unless they are giving you the bats for free, I would tell the girls they can use whatever they want. We called Ringor one time years ago asking if they were interested in sponsoring our team. They said "sure, we will give the entire team a 15% discount on a pair of cleats".....we decided to pass.

I don't know the exact deal our organization has, but it's Easton's top level program around here. We have to use their buckets, nets, gloves, unis, etc. Most of it is free to us on a team level, but like I said, I don't know how it comes into the org.

DD moved from Xeno to FX1 with no problems, but that doesn't look like an option, based on the current Easton website.

I'll ask the Easton Rep about it; thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32