Demarini CF differences

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 28, 2019
We are fairly new to the fastpitch bat game. My daughter has only been swinging Xeno and LXT.

I am looking into Demarini as we’re in the market for a new bat. I am not familiar with the Demarini bat lines. My question is:

Is there a difference in the “CF” bats Demarini puts out each year? More specifically the very popular “CFX” - 10 and -11 from 2018. (Brown, white and teal bat)

2019 there is no CF”X” line. Instead there is the CF zen -10 and CF insane -11.

2020 there are just the CF -10 and -11

Is the 2019 and 2020 “CF” lines the same as the 2018 CFX? Obvious there’s minor “upgrades” in technology these manufacturers have each year, but is it supposed to be the same bat?

Manufacturers like LS always have their Xeno and LXT each year, so is the CF line from the same each year?

Thank you for any info

May 24, 2013
So Cal
There are slight differences in the CF-series from year to year, but it's essentially the same design. There are also slight differences in the LXT and Xeno bats. Some years have been slightly better-performing than others.

FYI...Both Demarini and LS are Wilson-owned companies.

How old is your DD? What level is she playing?

Also...Welcome to DFP. Enjoy the ride! :)

Jul 28, 2019
There are slight differences in the CF-series from year to year, but it's essentially the same design. There are also slight differences in the LXT and Xeno bats. Some years have been slightly better-performing than others.

FYI...Both Demarini and LS are Wilson-owned companies.

How old is your DD? What level is she playing?

Also...Welcome to DFP. Enjoy the ride! :)

Thank you. I assumed they were the same designed bat each year but wondered why they didn’t just name it the same bat each year like LS and Easton mostly does with theirs.

My daughter is 11 and will be jumping into 12u this next season

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Thank you. I assumed they were the same designed bat each year but wondered why they didn’t just name it the same bat each year like LS and Easton mostly does with theirs.

My daughter is 11 and will be jumping into 12u this next season

Why? Marketing.

11yo is a fun age. - not so little, and starting to really grasp a lot of higher-level concepts. What level is she playing - rec? travel?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
is the prism far off from the CF series?

She is playing both LL and travel

The Prism is Demarini's answer to the Easton Ghost - double wall barrel construction. The Prism is one of Demarini's new models.

My DD is a big fan of the Ghost, and the Ghost is the most popular bat I see out on the fields (14U TB). However, the reality is that ALL of the top-level bats from the top manufacturers are great. The quality of the swing is WAY more of a factor than the bat. The "best" bat is the one your DD is confident with when facing tough pitching.

Jul 28, 2019
Thank you for the info. The 2020 ghost is another bat we’re seriously looking at. My concern is the weighting. I’ve read they’re on the heavier side and I’m not sure what size to go with. Her LXT is a 30/20. It’s very light for her and she’s almost out grown it. My concern with the ghost is, if I go with a 31/21 is it too heavy? Will she outgrow a 30/20 ghost within 6 months. Just a few things I’m torn on.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Thank you for the info. The 2020 ghost is another bat we’re seriously looking at. My concern is the weighting. I’ve read they’re on the heavier side and I’m not sure what size to go with. Her LXT is a 30/20. It’s very light for her and she’s almost out grown it. My concern with the ghost is, if I go with a 31/21 is it too heavy? Will she outgrow a 30/20 ghost within 6 months. Just a few things I’m torn on.

Typical for Easton, the Ghost tends to weigh 1+ oz. over sticker weight. Demarini's tend to be pretty close to sticker weight. LS tends to be over.

If she's outgrown her 30/20 LXT, moving to a 31/21 Ghost probably isn't a bad choice...if she likes the Ghost. Does she have a teammate's she can try? At her age, keep moving forward in both length and weight. If she loves the feel of the LXT, a 31/21 LXT isn't a bad choice either.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
2019 there is no CF”X” line. Instead there is the CF zen -10 and CF insane -11.

Demarini always changes the number/name behind the CF to show its the next model. CF5, 6, 7...yada yada. I guess
after X, they didn't want to go to 11 and 12.

Just personal manufacturer preferences. Most just keep the same name for a while and just change the product
model number every year for inventory mgmt. purposes. Demarini changes both on their CF line.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles