If High School ball is cancelled. Then those girls can now play Travel?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 10, 2020
The Illinois governor is holding a press conference now. He summed it up nicely (and I’ll paraphrase): we have been appealing to and relying on the good judgement and common sense of people. This is failing. Hard decisions are imminent.

All dining rooms in restaurants and bars are shut down as of close of business. Drive-through and delivery will remain available for now.

I don’t disagree with you @Bullseye ... but why should the government have to FORCE this? Once they do, people will start screaming about their rights. However, if you act like a child and are stupid and abuse something, expect to lose it.
@TheManInBlue not disputing your message.
Why should goverment have to? Not saying they should but
The surgeon general warns this pack of cigarettes is known to cause cancer.
And its still legal.
Have you been following the posts on this forum.
Why do you continue the need to tell others take a break.
Your doing that because you know others dont want to stay at home and quaratine.
Being realistic. People need to work and still are. People will soon have enough of quarantine or social distance and start interacting again. The virus will probably never be eradicated. Try this,
Argue debate deliberate
The message to say
groups of 50 are ok
But 250 are not.

May 29, 2015
Too many threads going on that I am losing track ...

I know in another thread (maybe on another forum, I'm not sure) I pointed out that the numbers being cited are not magic. There is no magic that keeps you safe in a group of 249 versus a group of 251. Numbers are being attached in an effort to mitigate/minimize risk by trying to get people thinking -- which many are not doing. The only magic number is ZERO which is impossible. Deliberate and willful ignorance are the things that will draw this out and cause a virtual total lock-down by the government. It's not for YOU, it's for EVERYBODY.

I've been trying to find some infographic or video that shows how something can spread under various circumstances. THIS article is the best thing I have found ... PLEASE read it and watch the simulations to understand the value of social distancing, quarantine, etc.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/

Feb 25, 2018
WP article and info graphics are a good resource. Highlight well why even a team practice of 12-13 players and a couple coaches shouldn't happen for the foreseeable future.

Yes, summer is still about 2.5 months away, but keep in mind that by May there should be some data available from some other countries in terms of what happens when social distancing ceases. Second wave of infections are likely, which could mean another round of social distancing.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. You can share the information with people but you can't make them think. There will always be folks who, for whatever reason won't choose to do what others want them to. Hopefully all of those types will be able to look back on their behaviors and confidently say they didn't get sick or contribute to others getting sick. I personally don't believe that they'll know whether they did or didn't but....

Jan 29, 2016
maybe you should ask your state athletic association instead of a bunch of people from all across America if you're going to be so picky about the answers you receive.
Sorry I did look at their website and didn't find my answer. I don't think i was being picky. Just wondering if someone had the answer. Didn't mean to offend anyone.

Jan 29, 2016
This. There are at least 50 different answers.

But more importantly, why are you asking this? What part of PANDEMIC do you not understand? Do you think schools are just wanting a longer spring break? There is a reason this is being done. It is this mentality that will eventually lead to a complete and total quarantine. Don’t forget to touch all the microphones on your way out of the room.

Sorry, I may be a little grumpy today.
again sorry. I didn't mean to offend. I just couldn't find the answer. If high school ball is cancelled. Why couldn't they play travel ball in April? That seems to be the date when everyone is going back to school and if the season is cancelled they shouldn't have to sit on the sidelines while everyone is playing. It was just a question. Everyone seems to pounce on somebody for asking a question. Maybe that is a mentality that needs to changed. It is amazing the aggressive responses to such a simply question.

Jan 29, 2016
It sends a message that is good to teach your kids and sadly a message that apparently needs to be taught to many adults: what is essential vs. what is non-essential?

Sadly, people who don’t know the difference or chose to ignore what is happening will lead us to a total quarantine and lock down. The Ohio governor is considering locking down the state and even implementing a county-level travel ban.
I am not sure how you got here from the question I asked??? It was a simple question

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi