If High School ball is cancelled. Then those girls can now play Travel?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
This. There are at least 50 different answers.

But more importantly, why are you asking this? What part of PANDEMIC do you not understand? Do you think schools are just wanting a longer spring break? There is a reason this is being done. It is this mentality that will eventually lead to a complete and total quarantine. Don’t forget to touch all the microphones on your way out of the room.

Sorry, I may be a little grumpy today.

This. There are at least 50 different answers.

But more importantly, why are you asking this? What part of PANDEMIC do you not understand? Do you think schools are just wanting a longer spring break? There is a reason this is being done. It is this mentality that will eventually lead to a complete and total quarantine. Don’t forget to touch all the microphones on your way out of the room.

Sorry, I may be a little grumpy today.
Answer is above. If they can't play HS because what it going on then Travel Ball isn't going to say it is ok so let's go play. @The Man In Blue , no need to apologize as we are grumpy as hell right now. This situation is crazy, horrible, and nobody saw this coming. To the OP, I get your question but no softball means no softball for now. Let's all hope we can resume sooner than later but it likely won't resume for along time. I hope I am wrong on this, I really really do, but we are in unchartered waters and we don't know what is in front of us and for how long. Probably alot longer than we think but again, I hope not.

S3

Oct 3, 2019
Answer is above. If they can't play HS because what it going on then Travel Ball isn't going to say it is ok so let's go play. @The Man In Blue , no need to apologize as we are grumpy as hell right now. This situation is crazy, horrible, and nobody saw this coming. To the OP, I get your question but no softball means no softball for now. Let's all hope we can resume sooner than later but it likely won't resume for along time. I hope I am wrong on this, I really really do, but we are in unchartered waters and we don't know what is in front of us and for how long. Probably alot longer than we think but again, I hope not.

S3
Geez, it's only been a couple of days and we're all grumpy already. I wonder about fishing? Maybe taking up fishing...seems like a relaxing thing to do and not a lot of people around. Who knows...

Jun 10, 2018
NY
Why not relax and take this time to enjoy your family, your neighbors, your home? Slow down (since we are kind of being forced to!) and make the very best of this. (Its also a GREAT model for your kids to witness). Just an idea.

Feb 20, 2020
Why not relax and take this time to enjoy your family, your neighbors, your home? Slow down (since we are kind of being forced to!) and make the very best of this. (Its also a GREAT model for your kids to witness). Just an idea.

I don't know, man. I'm on day two and I've pretty much had enough of them :) Especially with no sports to watch.

Just kidding, everyone is hanging as tough as they can. DD practiced some yesterday, might take a hike later today.

Mar 10, 2020
Oxy moronic situation.
Bars and restaurants still open with a capacity under 100 people. Some flights but not all. Kids cant go to school but you have to go to work. What message does that send.
Of course people are questioning can we practice.

Aug 1, 2019
Well it must be different from state to state just saw a few girls playing on a travel team yesterday now that school ball is not being played. Or they just didnt care to ask.

May 29, 2015
Yes, every state association has its own rules.

Regardless "they didn't care" was evidenced by them being there.

My daughter's high school team almost had to forfeit games a few years ago because a teammate's dad started a "travel team" and she went to play on it. I was actually umpiring at the tournament (and a few of their games) and had to go talk to the school coach and AD because other girls on the team saw her there playing.

I didn't recognize the girl and didn't know who she was. I had just finished a pregame conference when my daughter came up to the fence and asked me if the girl was playing. Up to that point, I couldn't tell you she definitively played (just because I wasn't paying attention), but I can tell you they only had nine players all morning. Once the girls from the school team saw her, and after the pregame conference, the girl's dad/coach came out and asked "We can play with just 8, right? Number ## (whatever number his daughter was) twisted her ankle and can't play now. I need to scratch her."

When questioned by the coach and AD, the girl and her dad said she was just there in uniform in the dugout because they had team pictures. Riiiggghhhhttttt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802