I need a gadget built

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 22, 2015
I don't have any idea how to build stuff but -The economy drill I used to do with the little ones (8u) but will work no matter the age is towel whips standing next to a fence -enforces both mechanics and force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 19, 2013
Texas
If the 12u rec girls don't start throwing correctly, I am going to have a coronary. I have been thinking of having a high frame, like a high bar, in gymnastics. The girl would need to lift her throwing arm high enough to swipe a piece of cloth hang from the bar. I don't know how to build it. I think the sides need to adjust, for height. Any ideas?

View attachment 10295

Amy.

What r u teaching? Pitching or just throw the softball?

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Sometimes working on what the lead arm is supposed to be doing will help get the throwing arm in the proper arm slot, after you get the foot work correct of course.

Ian

Oct 28, 2015
Central PA
How about a PVC frame... you can drop the left/right sides into batting tees and instead of adjusting the height of the poles, adjust the length of the towel.

I like the pool noodle idea too... I use them for a few drills.....

Last edited:
May 7, 2008
Tucson
The bar at the bottom, is confusing to even me. It is like trying to teach 2 things at once. For a girl, the height is right, though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00