I am gonna brag about my DD so you may wanna skip this.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
This weekend we held park day activities at our ball park. You know how it goes have bouncy things, games, and face painting for the kids and guilt the parents into buying BBQ to raise money for the park. On Friday night we held a skills competition for the kids. Each age group competed in a hr derby, baserunning, and throwing events.

My daughter walked away with the first place medal in all three for the 6U girls. Only one to hit one out (about 100'), only one to throw a ball in the bucket from 2B to the plate, and made it around the bases in 15.84 seconds.

She is proud of her medals and the best part is it made her want to do even better. As soon as her mom opened for gift Sunday she was ready to head out and throw. I had to remind her it was Mother's Day so she may want to spend a little time with her. She did offer to let her come watch.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Nothing wrong with a lil bragging. When your proud of your kids, it's hard to keep it bottled up inside. :) Enjoy those young years, these teenage years are killing me!!!!

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I am all for happy stories.

My dd started at that age, out in the street some nights, under a street light. She is grown now, with a dd of her own. Boy, time really flies.

Bucketpapi

Banned
May 28, 2008
This weekend we held park day activities at our ball park. You know how it goes have bouncy things, games, and face painting for the kids and guilt the parents into buying BBQ to raise money for the park. On Friday night we held a skills competition for the kids. Each age group competed in a hr derby, baserunning, and throwing events.

My daughter walked away with the first place medal in all three for the 6U girls. Only one to hit one out (about 100'), only one to throw a ball in the bucket from 2B to the plate, and made it around the bases in 15.84 seconds.

She is proud of her medals and the best part is it made her want to do even better. As soon as her mom opened for gift Sunday she was ready to head out and throw. I had to remind her it was Mother's Day so she may want to spend a little time with her. She did offer to let her come watch.

I am always happy to hear about kids having fun and gaining accomplishments.

Congrats

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
I am all for happy stories.

My dd started at that age, out in the street some nights, under a street light. She is grown now, with a dd of her own. Boy, time really flies.

I've heard other folks online talk about doing stuff under the street lights. All we have is the light of the moon and the yard lights. I guess the bigger areas to throw, hit, etc are worth not having street lights for night time throwing!

Rambler, congrats to your daughter!

Oct 19, 2009
That's awesome!

My 8YO was just like that when she was 6. She pitched her first no hitter in a 10U rec game the other day. (gave up a couple runs on walks however!)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles