How to fix collapsing back leg

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 13, 2012
Hello all!! I have a girl on my team that has suddenly developed a habit of bending her back leg as she swings. Her hips and hands look great, doesnt roll the wrist early or any of the many 9 year old habits. At first I thought she was striding to far but after watching her at BP closer it doesnt seem to be the problem as she strides maybe 3-4 inches. Right now she is hitting lots of pop flyes. It looks to me that she transfers her weight forward and then her legs bend, sort of a lunging motion. Someone suggested have her stand on a tire during tee work would help with this. Any suggestions on drills for this??image.jpg This is a pic of her after she hit.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I built DD a 4x4 beam and screwed it to 2x4 cross members on the bottom for stability. This made her keep her balance as she did her tee work and ended that habit really quick. just a suggestion.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Just her back leg in the picture looks like a good hitter. Guess I am not understanding the problem.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
Just her back leg in the picture looks like a good hitter. Guess I am not understanding the problem.

Glad you said it. I looked at it and thought "Looks pretty good to me". The only thing I would say is since the ball isn't in the frame I can't visualize where the POC would be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32