How much actual performance difference in drop 10 vs 11

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
That's exactly what the coaches are getting at. They both think she is strong enough,with the bat speed,and mechanics to be swinging a -10.

I looked through her teammate's bats the other night. The only girl swinging anything close to her CF6 31/20 is a girl swinging a Xeno 31/20. From what I've read the Xeno 31/20 would be more like a 31/21. My daughter hit some balls in the cage with the Xeno. Did well,made solid contact,hitting balls back up the middle. To me,her swing didn't look any different than when using the -11

Maybe her coaches know what they're talking about...lol

Its not rocket science or magic. If you are swinging a bat that's too light for you, you will get better performance from a bat that fits
you better. That goes for everybody.

I swing 27oz maxload bats. If I hit a 26 that weighs 26, I don't do as well or even if I swing balanced bats I don't get the pop
I normally have.

The right bat goes a long way for a hitter.

Jun 4, 2014
10 year old DD currently swinging a 31/20 CF6 Sprite. Her asst. coach questioned the -11 last fall. At hitting practice last night her head coach approached me and mentioned he thought she could benefit from a -10.

At 4'9" and 85ish lbs she bats 3 or 4 in the lineup. Is she really going to see much difference in performance going to a 31/21?

I just moved my 13 year old, 4'9" 85lb daughter, UP to a 31/20 CF8 Sprite.

Jun 11, 2012
It really depends on the kid and what they are comfortable with.

My DD has always swung a heavier bat than most girls her size. She's finally 5'4" and about 105 lbs and has been swinging a 33/23 for almost 2 years. The smallest bat I remember her ever having was a 30/18 when she was 9 and she was always small for her age but she's always been really strong despite her lack of size.

Feb 19, 2016
10 year old DD currently swinging a 31/20 CF6 Sprite. Her asst. coach questioned the -11 last fall. At hitting practice last night her head coach approached me and mentioned he thought she could benefit from a -10.

At 4'9" and 85ish lbs she bats 3 or 4 in the lineup. Is she really going to see much difference in performance going to a 31/21?

I'm curious did you end up switching to a new bat? If so what kind? I'll add my 2 cents from experience with my batting students. When moving a batter into the next bat size or weight I stay with the same length and move to a balanced or light swinging -10. I say that because not all -10 are equal. The CF8 Slapper is a -10 but swings very much like the -11 due to being weighted in the handle. The pop out of the wrapper is equivalent or better to a very well broken in Sprite CF6. Except very little vibration if any. In my opinion a great option now for batters. This bat is tough enough for swing away right hand batters from gauging a years worth of hits. The 2014 LXT -10 is also a very light swinging bat with lots of pop and no vibration, the 2015 model is the same bat, the 2016 I haven't weighed. I weigh all my bats and the 2014 LXT year was .6 lighter than advertised. The CF6's were .5 light, the CF7's were .4 light, while the easton mako's were all .5 or more heavier. Many parents don't believe that .4 of an ounce can make a difference until I show them. Every bat will limit their swing at some point as the mph rises. At your daughter's size she can stay in a 31 and move to different weighted bats as her strength grows. i.e. CF8 Insane is end loaded, CF8 Patriot or Breast Cancer Awareness bat is mid loaded, besides the standard balanced CF8 all being -10 bats. Lastly but most important, the bat is only as effective as the proficiency of her swing.

Aug 16, 2015
I'm curious did you end up switching to a new bat? If so what kind? I'll add my 2 cents from experience with my batting students. When moving a batter into the next bat size or weight I stay with the same length and move to a balanced or light swinging -10. I say that because not all -10 are equal. The CF8 Slapper is a -10 but swings very much like the -11 due to being weighted in the handle. The pop out of the wrapper is equivalent or better to a very well broken in Sprite CF6. Except very little vibration if any. In my opinion a great option now for batters. This bat is tough enough for swing away right hand batters from gauging a years worth of hits. The 2014 LXT -10 is also a very light swinging bat with lots of pop and no vibration, the 2015 model is the same bat, the 2016 I haven't weighed. I weigh all my bats and the 2014 LXT year was .6 lighter than advertised. The CF6's were .5 light, the CF7's were .4 light, while the easton mako's were all .5 or more heavier. Many parents don't believe that .4 of an ounce can make a difference until I show them. Every bat will limit their swing at some point as the mph rises. At your daughter's size she can stay in a 31 and move to different weighted bats as her strength grows. i.e. CF8 Insane is end loaded, CF8 Patriot or Breast Cancer Awareness bat is mid loaded, besides the standard balanced CF8 all being -10 bats. Lastly but most important, the bat is only as effective as the proficiency of her swing.

Haven't bought one yet,but its coming. She likes the 31/21 LXT.

Feb 19, 2016
She should be very comfortable with that choice. The 2015 model was $199 on softball.com but seen they are sold out this morning. Best of luck let us know how she does.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414