How many games has your DD played over the last 365 days?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Was counting it up for mine recently and was surprised to learn it was this many - 89. She missed 2 of a scheduled 91. And we're just playing B ball for the most part.

How many has yours played? How much is healthy?

And by game, I mean anything in which there's an umpire, a winner and a loser. School ball, travel ball, tournament, scrimmage, league, whatever.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Haha...I don't keep track...never thought of it. I'm just in autobot mode: game this weekend, clean house this weekend, game this weekend...must pack to travel, do laundry, clean car, pay bills, feed family...oh yeah and work too. :cool:

So no idea...would have to read emails going back a year to figure out when/where we played. LOL.

Feb 9, 2012
Dearborn, Mi.
At least 88 official games over this last season and probably 10 scrimmages (full games) that didn't count officially. She missed 6 games due to a concussion.

Lots more than I remember.

Feb 3, 2011
It was ~72-73, I believe, between spring rec, all-stars, fall travel (B). I think she will be closer to 80-82 for this year.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
For the year it was 97 August to August. This includes Fall Ball League, TB tournaments and scrimmages which had umpires. Thankfully, with the exception of two tournaments, they were all within an hour to an hour and a half drive. Still, as many as that sounds, it seemed as if the year flew by. As maksoftball pointed out, we were so busy that we never really thought about it.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Haha...I don't keep track...never thought of it. I'm just in autobot mode: game this weekend, clean house this weekend, game this weekend...must pack to travel, do laundry, clean car, pay bills, feed family...oh yeah and work too. :cool:

So no idea...would have to read emails going back a year to figure out when/where we played. LOL.

Good point. I coached her TB team, I'm aware of the number of games because of keeping player/team stats. But most of my parents probably would not know.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
According to our stat sheets she played 80 softball games. She had 350 at bats.

Add in Volleyball and Basketball and we are somewhere around 140 contests

Nov 23, 2010
North Carolina
Not as much as I would want.:) DGD had to move up 14u this year (she missed staying down by 12 days). The biggest problem was she was still in middle school and most of her new teammates were in high school. So, where we were used to starting play in March, all of a sudden we started play the last weekend of May. Those three months of softball withdrawal was tough. Oh, she did play about 12 games in the fall for her middle school, but I would not even consider those games the competition was so bad. Heck, I would not even call them a practice.:) She will have the same problem next year, so I can't wait for her to get into high school.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad