How many TB teams has/did your DD play for?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 29, 2016
I guess my DD has been a bit of a unicorn through this journey also. Rec ball til 2nd yr 10 (didn't make travel team til 2nd year 10's). Played A/B travel thru 12U. Once we were able to move to club ball at 14's we made the jump. Has been on their regional team (vs national) all the way thru 1st year 18's. Only 3 original girls left on the team, but good organization, minimal drama, great group of parents and some of her best friends thru the years and we live about an hour away. Off to play in college next fall.

Apr 28, 2014
10U select with local LL org
12U played for a team in the next town.
2nd year 12U with a large org (TNT).
14u till today 18u Gold same org 5 years.(Chaos)

Top_Notch

Screwball
Dec 18, 2014
Changed teams twice in 8 years.

Each move was to go to a more competitive schedule/team with better recruiting possibilities with coaches that are more aligned with interests of our DD.

Definitely not a team/org jumper.

Mar 6, 2016
These are very interesting to read! Some of the "drama" puts the drama we've experienced over the years to shame. 😱😀

Also gives interesting perspective on how different various parts of country view travel ball levels (A, B, C) and the starting age groups (8U!?? TB?) and the driving distances needed to join teams.

Mar 6, 2016
2 teams: Both with me as the HC so..... idk what that means.

Would you do it again? Independent or with a big org? Im on that ledge now...been asked to coach/start a team but not sure if I want the stress, time, $$ and all that goes with it...yet.

May 1, 2018
Would you do it again? Independent or with a big org? Im on that ledge now...been asked to coach/start a team but not sure if I want the stress, time, $$ and all that goes with it...yet.
Started as an independent team and was a lot of fun. Way harder to get girls that you don't already know. We are now with a "large org" and it's really the same except the name draws more people to try outs. I still have total control over the team. So really if you find the right "large org" it's not a problem. I was very hesitant at first until I got answers from the Org Head and talked with him. He basically said if you need help just ask, other wise go do your thing.

Jul 2, 2013
DD started playing at 10 and is now 16 and has played on 6 different teams if you count guest playing all fall with one team.

Every team she left was either because she aged out or the team fell apart, except one. That was the one she guest played with for a fall and she was 2-3 years younger than the other players so we found a team her age.

You can't identify a "team hopper" by just looking at numbers. It seems like teams fall apart now more than they ever have.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Not too many "dial a player" responses.

3 Teams;

8 - 2nd year 12U DD played for a rec team that became a TB team. (Long story I have told before.) Great coach who played everyone everywhere and yet they won tournaments all over. DD's best friend joined this team at age 10.

12U 2nd Year skipped to 14U and up Team was older with great coach. He played DD as #1 pitcher and every other position but catche when she wasn't in the circle. I give him a lot of credit for my dd loving the game. DD's best friend went to this team and asked DD to join.

16U -- 3rd team and another good coach and coaching staff. I assisted on the first two teams but sat this one out. DD played all over the country, was seen by a lot of coaches and they won a lot. DD had made another organization TB team that is well known. DD's best friend called again and asked DD to play for this organization instead. DD made the decision herself and it was the right decision to play ball with her best friend.

I can't complain about these teams or coaches. We had a fantastic ride and the DD still loves the game. How much more can you ask for?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28