Maddie - The HS journey begins...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I know I only get to see Maddie's highlights but as a 10u coach, watching her catch makes me want to cry lol. I feel like I'm watching a WCWS game lol.

Thanks for your kind words. Behind the dish is definitely her happy spot, and she's put in a lot of sweat and tears (no blood - broken bones and strained ligaments, though) to get to where she is today. Still working...

Keep in mind, she didn't look like this at 10U. It's a journey.

Feb 7, 2014
Maddie and her team closed out the season with a heavy beat-down of their league rival to finish with measly a 4-10 record in league play. This equals the best record her school has had in (at least) the last 10 years. Next year's success will be largely based on whether or not our #1 P returns. At the moment, the parents are saying she's not coming back and will run track instead. With the expectation that there aren't any high-quality Ps coming in as new freshmen next year, the future is looking a little bleak, but I'll worry about that next year.

A few highlights from the season...

I love seeing the different views you get where you're at... palm trees and mountains.

How long do the high school playoffs last in - California ?

Feb 7, 2014
Thanks for your kind words. Behind the dish is definitely her happy spot, and she's put in a lot of sweat and tears (no blood - broken bones and strained ligaments, though) to get to where she is today.

I always get a laugh out of watching some parents and coaches that think the development of a catcher (or any position) happens overnight!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I love seeing the different views you get where you're at... palm trees and mountains.

How long do the high school playoffs last in - California ?

Final regular season games were this week. Playoffs start next week. I think it will all be wrapped up before the end of May.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802