How is your/your DD's HS team doing?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
Finished our last regular season game today, got a nice little W. Now moving on to districts with #3 ranking. Top four play in districts. #3 and #4 travel to #2 and #1, respectively. We are taking a two hour trip Tuesday... but ready for some major payback to a team that has barely beaten us twice. :)

Top three teams go on to regionals... unless something crazy happens and the #4 team wins (crazy stuff happens in the post season) we should be set. *knocks on wood*

Feb 26, 2010
Crazyville IL
My DD is still in middle school, but we went and watched out HS girls win the District championship game today. 8-1. Sectionals are next week. Good luck in your post season Amanda.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I had been following my HS, through the newspaper. Their freshman pitcher was 20-1.

I was disappointed today to read that they had lost their regional game.

Reading further, I saw that the pitcher had missed the last week do to arm problems. Number 2 had to pitch and she hadn't thrown much all season.

I won't make any comments.

Dec 4, 2009
Buffalo, NY
I had been following my HS, through the newspaper. Their freshman pitcher was 20-1.

Reading further, I saw that the pitcher had missed the last week do to arm problems. Number 2 had to pitch and she hadn't thrown much all season.

Amy not making a comment? Are you feeling alright? LOL!

Feb 26, 2010
Crazyville IL

Sorry to hear that Amy. That's always a good team and good game when we meet. I'm pretty sure I know your non-comment. I agree.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Bishop, I didn't go to HS in Casey. I only played my ASA years there. I was driving for an hour to get there.

I don't see how to PM you. Amy

Dec 15, 2009
our season is over. we didn't make it to post season. in the past years our team won maybe 1 or 2 games. this year we were 5-7. and a lot of the ones we lost, we only lost by 1 or 2. progress has been made!

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
DD's team plays tomorrow at 4:15. In Illinois, we have Regional, Sectional, Super-Sectional and then State. We now have 4 classes. Our Regional is comprised of teams from our conference this year. The site is about 35 minutes away and so, it's easy to get to. Our Sectional is about an hour and a half(or more) away. DD's team is 20-7. They won their conference going 9-1 in conference. We had a lot of games rained out this last week since we had rain everyday. We also had one team just cancel a game. I don't know how a team does that. This is by far the lowest number of games that they have played in the regular season. In Illinois, we can play up to 34 games. Personally, my dd is having a banner year with the stick. She is doing alright in the circle. She is 9-1 there but hasn't really pitched that much. She was taken out of two games in extra innings and so, didn't get the decision there. I can't believe she is wrapping up her Junior year. They will have all but two back next year and a young freshman group that won their middle school class state championship.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
We are still a few years away but our school has an outstanding softball program. Finished 45-6 and runner up in the state. This is after losing one of their best hitters and pitchers in March with a broken arm after being hit by a pitch at Faster to First. Then lost another great hitter with a concusion at the state tourney. Had a 59 game winning streak stopped in March which is our state record. Overall a great year but I am sure the girls are not happy being runner up after winning the last two state titles.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Rambler, wow, 59 in a row. I coached (assistant coach) for a team in HS baseball that won 64 games in a row. So, both of us understand how tough winning that many games in a row is. My dd pitched against a good team from North Alabama last fall in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. They were the North Alabama Kraze. Their fans were very nice people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1