How fast is fast(running)?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 4, 2013
Orange County, CA
Lol, DD runs it in 4.6. What can I say she has developed a case of catchers legs lol. Its definitely an area of concern for us moving forward. Right now she is lucky to be on of the best hitters at her age in our league but solid doubles or triples end at first base. then coach does a quick runner change and its back to the dugout to put on her legs

Apr 11, 2012
most college camps go from 60' like a track race and 2.85 is pretty dang fast for big girl ball....(16's, 18's and D1 and D2)...and I would say sub 2.7 is burner fast, but very few kids can do that...but I would say that doesn't necessarily transpose to a game situation....as some kids swing off their back leg more and the seemingly the fastest slappers may not be sub 2.7 in a track style 60' dash....if a kid can hit a sharp ground ball and an infielder hurries and the hitter beats it out...that 60' track time doesnt mean a whole lot....

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
My 10U TB girls: from a standing start, my 2 fastest: 3.1 and 3.3. As a reference, my slowest is 4.7. Team average is 3.8.

Older DD's 14U team: standing start 2.9 and 3.1

One of our TB coaches who was a D1 coach has said the fastest he ever had was 2.5

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
I had the luxury of coaching a girl who is fast, back when she was 12U. She's now committed to a top D1 school. Her time is listed as 2.7, but her fastest time at a showcase was 2.62. Let me tell you, she is incredibly fast. It's been fun watching her play and I can't wait to watch her play college ball.

I remember back in 12U when she hit a medium ground ball right back to the pitcher. The pitcher double pumped and she beat out the throw. The opposing coach was in disbelief and commented, "Holy $***! She's %$#@ing fast!" I just grinned. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeTD&Coach