HOW do you Teach TILT!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 6, 2011
Dr.,I think the old swing looks so much better then the new one,on the old swing she needed to get more coil and uncoil,hips lead the hands.She is losing so much energy now.You like how her wrist are snaping,she is losing all the energy she gained.Sorry but IMO you are completly wrong.You need to spend some time looking at the model swings on this site.

No worries nano---the earlier swing will look better to the bug-squish/back leg spinning (most like to call themselves "rotational") coach.

We focus on the leg driving in the direction of our target-similar to the action one makes as an infielder driving to make a throw to 1st base.

Those with a misguided view of rotation almost always eliminate the lateral driving component of the back leg.

Good hand actions--i.e. wrist roll immediately AFTER contact is an indication of quality TRANSFER from a DECELERATING torso--this is whip effect--as the shoulder segment decelerates - the energy/momentum is transferred to the arms/hands/bat..

Spend time looking at quality swings---that makes me chuckle....

Jan 25, 2011
sorry Dr. I don't teach the squish the bug,you need to know what you are talking about be for you throw me in that category.I have a thread on here with video of my dd hitting.You would see that at no time she is squishing the bug,and at contact all of her energy is moving forward at contact,she is droping her hands a little,but she is creating more whip then what you have posted here.I know what you are trying to create with the leg drive towards the target.You are trying to do what,Perry Husband talks about,but I find that it is unbalanced,and leaves the hitter to far forward.I feel at the moment of contact,my dd's back foot will leave the ground at the moment of contact,releasing all that stored energy forward towards the ball,that she created from coil to uncoil,you teach what ever you want,that is fine.If you don't want people to discuss your post then you came to the wrong place.Look at the model swings on this sight and what you teach and compare the two , AND ALSO USE THE HANSON PRINCIPLE!

Last edited:
R

RayR

Dr Yeager,

When you throw correctly (not you personally), would you say that the you throw from the inside? Does this have an effect on how you transfer your weight?

Is hitting any different?

Mar 14, 2011
Silicon Valley, CA
Dr.,I think the old swing looks so much better then the new one,on the old swing she needed to get more coil and uncoil,hips lead the hands.She is losing so much energy now.You like how her wrist are snaping,she is losing all the energy she gained.Sorry but IMO you are completly wrong.You need to spend some time looking at the model swings on this site.

Maybe she is losing a tiny bit of hip coil due to the stride-trainer or whatever it's called being attached to her front hip, but all in all the Dr. has greatly improved her swing. Maybe you are fooled by the fact that you never see the swings in real time.

Jan 25, 2011
Maybe she is losing a tiny bit of hip coil due to the stride-trainer or whatever it's called being attached to her front hip, but all in all the Dr. has greatly improved her swing. Maybe you are fooled by the fact that you never see the swings in real time.
Well,that my of helped,but I kind of jumped on the guy,well lets be honest, I did jump on the guy,before hearing him out,and for that I'am sorry to Dr. Yeager,but it would be nice to see swings of his students at full speed.

Jul 21, 2008
This 13 year old still has some issues with the back arm extending prematurely and flattening the bat too soon, but I was happy with our progress after 3 sessions.

To have quality "tilt" you must have quality lateral drive from the back leg in order to counter or balance the "backwards" lean.
The tilt is a combination of a few things: the position of the front leg (we want front knee positioned well behind the front foot), the tilting of the pelvis which tilts the torso back and resisting premature opening of the upper half.

welcome to the board....and great video keep them coming

I like the improvement in the lower body mechanics but IMO she still has some work to do with the upper half. I would like to here more about what you called in the video "wrist snap" going into contact. Are you advocating rolling/snapping of the wrist at contact?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1