How do you know the bat has gone dead?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I'm not trying to start anything, but agree that bat is too young to lose pop. Loan the bat to a DD friend who is a great hitter, if it's really dead.............you'll find out if its the bat or the batter. I've been guilty of blaming a slump on the stick before, and found out it was the swinger instead.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
As I mentioned, first stop was the hitting coach, who confirmed it's as cracked as my Aunt Veronica. Now, it's warranty time, yay.

Thank you all for pointing out the obvious to the oblivious.

Jun 21, 2010
I wonder if bats can be dead in different parts of the barrel's sweet spot. I've use DD's Synge for pop flies and some balls would fly off the bat and others would feel like a thud. She now only uses that bat for machine work and uses a Xeno for games. I'd estimate 2000+ hits on the Synge because of the high use with T's, machines, games, and other girls using the bat. The Xeno only sees game balls.

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
I don't think the Easton Synge has very much pop. I like Easton bats. We swear by the Synergy and think the Stealth is just as good. I've hit the Synge for BP and I've watched disappointed players who bought the Synge because

A. It looks cool
B. it has a lighter swing weight
C. It is less $$ than the next step up bats

stop using the bat. Too many stingers. Smaller sweet spot. Less pop. Try another bat to troubleshoot and see if it's the swing or the bat.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
just FTR: Easton emailed an RMA# same night, and they had a replacement at the door exactly 1 week from the day it was dropped off at UPS.
I'm impressed, she's giddy.

Oct 13, 2010
Oklahoma
Easton has some good customer service on bat warranty. We bought DD a new bat out of town. When we got home, discovered that it rattled. They replaced it pretty quick.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I've had bats replaced by both DeMarini and Easton. Both times each company had great CS. Took a picture of the broken bat, e-mailed their CS dept. and had a new one in a couple of days. Then I sent the broken ones back. No questions asked.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32