How do you answer question about "Other schools you are interested in"?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2012
DD openly told her #1 school that she wanted to come there but if it didn't work out she was absolutely going to be attending a school in the region and that the other schools that were pursuing her were on the #1 schools schedule... So which dugout would the coach prefer her to be in?
My DD was very similar to this. She told her #1 that they were her #1 and told the other schools that her #1 was the other school. They all asked if there was anything they could do to change her mind about who her #1 was.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
nobody wants to pick up a player nobody else wants.

I've heard this before from multiple parents whose kid now plays in college:
"For the longest time the recruiting landscape was pretty quiet, but once one school started to show interest, then others started to come out of the woodwork."

Apr 28, 2019
Every time I see something like this, I like to bring up the fact that 198 players were taken ahead of Tom Brady in the 2000 NFL draft.
Yeah and he only got his shot because Bledsoe got hurt. Metrics are great but they don’t measure the passion in a player and size of a players heart.
Many gifted athletes that go nowhere due to poor work ethic and sense of entitlement. They have great metrics though.
Give me kids that work hard and want to improve. No substitute for dedication, sacrifice, and proving your detractors wrong.

Jan 28, 2017
PC has a 15 year old that is mid 60's and her dad is the biggest Bama fan in the world. PC asked if Auburn offered what was he going to do. WAR DAMN EAGLE! Was one of the funniest things ever.

Apr 28, 2019
He more than likely would have been the starter the next year regardless.
No possible way to know that. If you recall the Pats were building a new stadium at the time and Bledsoe was the “face” promoting it and planning on opening the facility the following year or two.
Point being if your 6’5” with a cannon for an arm you get noticed. We all know in hind sight that Drew couldn’t hold Tom’s jock strap. The metrics would indicate Drew was your prototypical NFL quarterback.
Reality tells us there is more to people and performance than stats. Russell Wilson, Dak Prescott, & Patrick Mahommes are other good examples of this.
Ryan Leaf and many other busts that fit what NFL covets in their quarterbacks.
Character and intangibles matter. Gotta use metrics as a tool not know all tell all.

Jun 8, 2016
No possible way to know that. If you recall the Pats were building a new stadium at the time and Bledsoe was the “face” promoting it and planning on opening the facility the following year or two.
Point being if your 6’5” with a cannon for an arm you get noticed. We all know in hind sight that Drew couldn’t hold Tom’s jock strap. The metrics would indicate Drew was your prototypical NFL quarterback.
Reality tells us there is more to people and performance than stats. Russell Wilson, Dak Prescott, & Patrick Mahommes are other good examples of this.
Ryan Leaf and many other busts that fit what NFL covets in their quarterbacks.
Character and intangibles matter. Gotta use metrics as a tool not know all tell all.
Yes I remember that well. I was a big Bledsoe fan back in the day.

You are right I have no way of knowing that but knowing Belichick, he was seeing all of the stuff in practice from Brady that we have seen in games for the last 18 years. Bledsoe was healthy enough to play the last two months of the season and Bill still stuck with Tom. It was probably only a matter of time before Bledsoe was traded.

Anyway I agree with the main point.

Apr 28, 2019
Yes I remember that well. I was a big Bledsoe fan back in the day.

You are right I have no way of knowing that but knowing Belichick, he was seeing all of the stuff in practice from Brady that we have seen in games for the last 18 years. Bledsoe was healthy enough to play the last two months of the season and Bill still stuck with Tom. It was probably only a matter of time before Bledsoe was traded.
Possibly but if Bill held Tom in that high regard you would think Tom would have already been playing. Bledsoe couldn’t get out of his own way in the pocket. Bill isn’t shy about trading players away. There have been many heir apparent QB’s in NE over the years but Tom always seems to say the right things (which is nothing in NE). Tom/Bill have the ability to do more with less. It’s either damn good coaching or the football gods love the Bill/Tom duo.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Possibly but if Bill held Tom in that high regard you would think Tom would have already been playing. Bledsoe couldn’t get out of his own way in the pocket. Bill isn’t shy about trading players away. There have been many heir apparent QB’s in NE over the years but Tom always seems to say the right things (which is nothing in NE). Tom/Bill have the ability to do more with less. It’s either damn good coaching or the football gods love the Bill/Tom duo.

Or the Refs penalize the opponents to the point of taking them out of the game while NE, doing the same exact stuff rarely see a flag.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nabbott