How did you find the Discuss Fastpitch Forum?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

How did you find the Discuss Fastpitch Forum?

• My/my daughter's coach mentioned it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
It's no different on a local board in the NE Illinois area. Nothing but fighting, name calling, politics, school bashing and player bashing. It seems like the local issues bring out the worst in people because most of the audience knows who is being talked about.

There's a board in the NE Illinois area? I didn't know that, and I live there.

I know what you mean about those things, though. I've seen that before. Not to worry TopDog. Those kinds of people wouldn't find our forum much to their liking. And if they tried the same thing here they wouldn't last very long. Our membership does a pretty darned good job of policing it and making sure any troublemakers are pointed out and dealt with swiftly!

Jul 28, 2008
It's no different on a local board in the NE Illinois area. Nothing but fighting, name calling, politics, school bashing and player bashing. It seems like the local issues bring out the worst in people because most of the audience knows who is being talked about.

They canceled the one in our area like that. It was set up so you could post without registering. Someone libeled a coach in a horrible way and the next thing you know it was shut down. I have a feeling a lawsuit is going to happen over what was said. It's for the better that it's gone.

Feb 26, 2010
Crazyville IL
I came to Marc's blog from a link on Bodybuilding.com from his softball specific core workout. From the blog I stumbled into the forum and never left. It's kind of like the lotus club.

Oct 13, 2010
Oklahoma
I was searching for information on travel ball vs rec ball. It landed me here and I never left. I spend a lot of time reading and learning to help my DDs.

Nov 24, 2009
Chicagoland
I ended up on the Discuss Fastpitch forum via another softball site (softballfans). The old site was more about selling bats than it was about educating and learning about the game of softball. Someone on that site recommended I come here when I voiced my frustration with the other site. It was the best recommendation I got from that other site and I haven't been back since.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I ended up on the Discuss Fastpitch forum via another softball site (softballfans). The old site was more about selling bats than it was about educating and learning about the game of softball. Someone on that site recommended I come here when I voiced my frustration with the other site. It was the best recommendation I got from that other site and I haven't been back since.

I suspect that Amy in AZ may be the one to thank! IMO, SBF has unique entertainment value, this site has informational value - no comparison!

Feb 5, 2011
Unfortunately, this year my dd's travel team has had a lot of drama. A lot of issues to deal with. So...I wanted a place where I could post questions and get answers from a variety of people -- parents, coaches on all levels, directors, etc. I searched Yahoo for "travel softball advice/questions" and I found this site. I love it. I have already posted several inquiries, and gotten several responses. I also like the fact that people can disagree on here and it doesn't get ugly. We all have different opinions. And as a parent, sometimes my perspective is different than that of a coach. So, this allows me to see another perspective. It helps me to see how other teams operate. And vent a little too :) !!!!

Feb 9, 2011
Amy in AZ. Directed me to the site off another slowpitch forum. I like the information here as it is geared to FP and helps me with my DD.

I may even have to quit slowpitch this year to keep up with all her tournaments.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves