Hot Arizona St bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 26, 2013
They were bombing on Cal. Even on a couple that didn't look like they got all it, it left the yard. It looked like quite a few C4's. I was impressed with their power and felt sorry for the Cal team, struggling w/out Jolene Henderson. They were a different team than when I watched them play UCLA.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
8 homers total in that game!
Cal definitely isn't the same team with out J. Henderson.
Those other Cal pitchers kept putting the ball over the heart of the plate, belt high... it looked like routine bp a few times

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Can't always ride one arm to prosperity! You never know when the golden arm will be sick, injured, or unable to play.

Once the golden arm can't pitch, I bet the HC wishes she/he had given their #2, #3, ...etc some circle time in previous games.

Just sayin....

Apr 1, 2010
I finally had time to watch this game last night. Wow! First two batters go yard, third looks like it's going out, but is an inch too low and hits the top of the wall for a mere double instead, LOL. So then they load the bases and hit a grand slam! The game was basically over by the end of the first inning. ASU just opened up a huge can o' whup @ss on those less-experienced Cal pitchers. My goodness; it makes me see what a fine line these pitchers are treading.

Mar 11, 2009
Then ASU goes and loses two of three to Arizona whom isn't even ranked!!! Tough series though regardless if either team is ranked or not!

Apr 1, 2010
Agreed, there are some teams that you can't ever count out. I was watching a tivo'd game recently and the announcers were talking about Georgia upsetting LSU. One of them piped up with something along the lines of, "Can you ever really say it's an upset when Georgia wins?"

BTW, Woo Hoo! Mizzou won their final series with Tennessee and nabbed the third seed for the tournament.

I'm happy they won; I was devastated that I missed the end of the 2-0 game. ARGH! If ESPN moves the game because something runs long, why don't they leave it where they moved it or air it both places??? I was so happy, watching my recording (DH had noticed it had been moved and switched the recording to the other station), when all of a sudden, the recording was of something else entirely. Of course, by then the game was long over and while many games get re-aired overnight, they had chosen not to do that with this game. Why not? After all, this was the game they completely messed up and ended up showing in pieces. Wouldn't it have been reasonable to re-air it instead of re-running Texas-Oklahoma State? JMHO

I can't wait for the SEC network!

Mar 26, 2013
It is certainly getting interesting, Texas (my team) killed me dropping the series to OK State and my other two teams ASU and Tenn. drop their series. I hope the got it out of their systems and are ready for the playoffs. However I loved seeing Georgia upset LSU so it wasn't a total loss.

X pitcher

Banned
Apr 5, 2013
Micco Fl.
CT and Mizzou over Tenn in the WCWS. Just like last weekend. I've said this for a month plus. I just wish CT would save a little energy and stop bending over before every pitch, to tap the powder rosin bag. She could put the bag in her back pocket of put some rock rosin on her pant leg to save energy. It's like touching her toes 100+ times a game.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Tennessee is going to have to get out of this funk they're in. Watched first game of series and CT was on fire. Tennessee made way too many errors in this game. Second game results were expected after Mizzous big win. Third game was hard to listen to. Think the Weekleys out coached themselves with the early pitching change. 7-2 lead, two on, one out was not the time to change pitchers. Ellen wasn't getting her corner strikes all weekend and Ivy just wasn't the same when she was brought back in. Tennessee needs to find their groove again soon if they are going to get to the WCWS. May get another shot at Mizzou in the SEC tourney, they are 2 and 3 seeds. Go Vols!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06