Hijacked Thursday Check in 3/17

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 3, 2014
Inland Empire
A rare off weekend....so that means momma gets to clean house and I get to do yard work....yard is suffering a bit from lack of attention and it's not even summer yet!! Oh, and maybe empty out the back seat of my truck... could probably make some $$ if I recycle all the water/gatorade bottles rolling around back there!

Feb 26, 2016
Murfreesboro, TN
Playing in a fairly large HS tournament this weekend in Hendersonville, TN (Drakes Creek Park). HS team won first 2 district games this past week, after going 2-14 in district last year. First 2-game win streak for the new coach that started last year. 2nd game is against the 3A (highest in TN) champ from last year, so the girls will see where they are really at. One of DD travel teammates play on that team, and I told her about playing the State champs, and she said "that was last year" . :)

Sep 18, 2011
I am curious how your DD is taking this instruction after her years of high level TB.

It's actually better than I thought. She was frustrated at first, but as the week has progressed the head coach seems to be deferring more and more to his assistant/volunteer coaches and things have vastly improved. The team will struggle - playing in the state's top conference with the weakest pitching stafff is going to be interesting, but the good news is that she will be playing against several D1 pitching recruits (including, perhaps, the top 2017 recruit in the country) in her conference so she should get some quality at bats this spring.

Jan 13, 2010
Got the car packed up, kid doing homework in the backseat as we drive 8 plus hours to meet everyone at the Pauly clinic!!!

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Playing in a fairly large HS tournament this weekend in Hendersonville, TN (Drakes Creek Park). HS team won first 2 district games this past week, after going 2-14 in district last year. First 2-game win streak for the new coach that started last year. 2nd game is against the 3A (highest in TN) champ from last year, so the girls will see where they are really at. One of DD travel teammates play on that team, and I told her about playing the State champs, and she said "that was last year" . :)
Do you know of a link to the game results?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
And you'll be watching Purdue play game after game in the NCAA basketball tournament as they advance to the final... um... oops. Never mind.

I thought you might appreciate this.....this email went out this morning too all 600 people in my wife's companies March Madness pool.

Hoops fans,
What an exciting St. Patrick’s day in college hoops. How many reasons can one person have to consume beer?

We also learned that a certain life dictum may not be one to follow.

As parents, we often have unconditional love for our children (unless they matriculate at Duke, we could follow the habits of polar bears and justify killing our offspring) which paralyzes our sound judgement and clouds our ability to think rationally. While this unwavering loyalty often is admired in society, yesterday proved that this blind allegiance should be questioned.

My friend (at least until he reads this email) Bud Huey is an example of this steadfast devotion. Each year Bud is a strong contender in this March Madness tournament. Bud was in 2nd place last night, fighting with the big dogs. But, Bud made a critical error in picking his overall winner. Bud is a family man. Bud has a wonderful wife and 2 great children. Bud has an incredibly gifted softball playing daughter, recruited by many big name Division I schools in the country. The problem is that Bud’s daughter decided to commit to Purdue, and so did Bud.

The end.

Commish

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
And you'll be watching Purdue play game after game in the NCAA basketball tournament as they advance to the final... um... oops. Never mind.

2-seed Michigan State's loss to 15-seed Middle Tennessee State takes some of the sting out of Purdue's elimination....

Jun 12, 2015
I don't think this deserves its own thread but I found out last night the team we left just before spring tournaments started, the coach picked up the whole team and moved to a different organization, mid season. Not with the approval of all the parents either, apparently. Man, do I feel like we dodged a bullet getting off that team (we are still w/ the same organization, just a different team). I can't even imagine what sort of drama is going on behind the scenes. Whew!

Our practice got moved inside today because so many girls drive so far, and the chance of rain is relatively high. It's a really nice facility but it's so much better to be outside. Oh well.

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
Got a local tourney today. Bringing the girls back from their HS teams to see how far they've drifted. DD is out. She pitched 3 days in a row for school and her arm is ready to fall off. My roster of 14 is down to 9 this weekend, so I picked one up. Should be fun in the PNW sun.

Sep 18, 2011
2-seed Michigan State's loss to 15-seed Middle Tennessee State takes some of the sting out of Purdue's elimination....

Yes, and with 30 seconds to go in that game my bracket was fed to the shredder.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles