Friday Check In Time redux

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 27, 2014
Rec team has a game on Saturday then she was invited to a pitching clinic by a neighboring league for Sunday. Then a game on Monday against what looks to be the strongest team in our leage. They average close to 11 in age and we are mostly nine year olds with many new to the game. Should be interesting.

Feb 12, 2014
We are finally kicking off our spring travel ball season with a tournament about 90 minutes north in Marion, OH. The girls from last year have said the fences are close, so maybe DD will hit her first home run! Our offense has been sporadic over the winter, hope we can put that behind us moving forward.

Unfortunately, I will have to miss DS's baseball game on Saturday. I swear that's the hardest thing about having two kids playing at once.....missing one game so you can be at another. Nothing to do but try to divide them up evenly.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
We are finally kicking off our spring travel ball season with a tournament about 90 minutes north in Marion, OH. The girls from last year have said the fences are close, so maybe DD will hit her first home run! Our offense has been sporadic over the winter, hope we can put that behind us moving forward.

Unfortunately, I will have to miss DS's baseball game on Saturday. I swear that's the hardest thing about having two kids playing at once.....missing one game so you can be at another. Nothing to do but try to divide them up evenly.

I view it more like having two channels, if the show on one channel stinks I can change the station with a short drive usually.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
DD is steady Starring !!!! Finishing up MS... finished 2nd. DD had 3 Wins 0 losses....& batting over .600. Rec starts after last two games :cool: Takin all the non-MS Players to my Cage. Going to get a 6th grader pitching for first time.... :cool:

Last edited:

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Getting ready to head out to the first GA 16U ASA qualifier of the year (first qualifier two weeks ago was rained out and rescheduled in mid-May). Weather looks perfect and I am hoping the girls are ready to get it on!

Jan 26, 2015
NE Kansas
DD has HS games tonight. Usually one of the harder teams in the league. Last year DD's team came back from a 19-7 final inning to tie then win in 2 innings overtime. Should be exciting tonight. Quiet weekend, just waiting for TB to start.

Good Luck everyone playing this weekend!

Jun 7, 2013

I find it hard to have to miss one of my DD's game for the other. Both of my DD's pitch so if one is pitching and the other is not, I will go to the game where I have a DD pitching. I must say, however, I am more relaxed watching games where my DD does not pitch.

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
You folks have rec ball ending and my 8U rec team's first game is in the morning...

As of last night, I'm officially in bat poop crazy mode...

I'm the 10U travel commish...season opened last night
DD2 had a grammar school game yesterday while I was having batting practice from 4-6 with my 12U TB team...
We had 8U practice last night from 6:15-7:30
Hitting tonight with the 14U girls
Opening game for 8U rec @ 9:30am tomorrow followed by my nephews first communion...
12U TB hitting practice Sunday at 8AM
DD1 has a 3 game round robin friendly Sunday starting at 9AM

Weather looks great...so this should be fun! (albeit just a bit insane)

CP

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
DD has three 12U friendlies tomorrow, practice Sunday, and 14U league Tuesday night. Good luck to all in tournaments! Be safe

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55