Hijacked Thursday Check in 3/17

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Nothing for the rest of the month.

Spring break, DW and all 3 DDs are going someplace warm for a few days, then to NYC next week to join me for a few more days. After that, hopefully it will be warm and dry enough for DD 3 to practice outdoors.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Hosting a crawfish boil and fajitas for DD's Varsity team and family members this Saturday. I thought it would be a great way to intentionally create some cohesiveness, community and bonding outside of the softball setting. We hit the halfway point in the high school season and have been doing better than expected. Last year they were run ruled just about every district game. This year is a different story! Been pretty close, but we have some hitters this year. Held the first place district rival to 3-0. They have 6 college commits on that team. All Seniors except for a soph LSU commit. One error with 2 outs opened the flood gates for those 3 runs. Crawfish is eaten side by side, elbow to elbow, face to face. Hopefully, this will let them relax a little and finish the next month just as strong if not stronger.

DW and DD2 spent the past week in San Diego...gotta pick them up at the airport tonight.

Jan 22, 2011
Heading to the airport in about two hours to fly to Indiana to see the Pauly, Hillhouse, and Balswick show, hosted by Coach James. Should be a blast!

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
An off weekend for the oldest which is needed. She was pulled up to varsity for their tourney last weekend so after tonight she will have played 13 games since last Monday. Next week looks to be the same. Games Mon/Tue/Thu and the our HS hosts a tourney Fri/Sat.

DD#2 has her first scrimmage Friday night. Looking forward to seeing a group of 5 & 6 yo's on the field. It will be refreshing as practice has been so much fun to watch. Her season starts Monday night and she can't wait to put her uniform on.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Tryouts/practice continues this week. So far it has been rather amusing. new coach argued with the girls for 10 munues before finally conceding that the bases are 60 feet apart. For 10 minutes he insisted that they were supposed to be 65. Had them work on bunt defense with pitcher covering first, but if third base fielded the ball then first baseman was supposed to hustle back to the bag to receive the throw. Next day he sheepishly told the girls that his bunt defense might not work in fastpitch. Lots of other fun examples. A few weeks ago I was a bit worked up about it having a coach with NO softball experience, but now I'm just amused. Seems like folks have been crawling out of the woodwork to help the guy out and he seems to have embraced the help, so hopefully things will be tolerable.

Three practice games on Monday. Did I mention that the best pitcher in the school decided not to play school ball??

I am curious how your DD is taking this instruction after her years of high level TB.

Feb 7, 2013
DD's team imploded two weeks ago (long story but after several players left, coach also quit). Gotta love this generation's definition of "commitment".

DD is picking up with a team for 6 weeks, including a local NSA tournament this weekend. In May, she will tryout for a new 14U team. So is the life of a travel ball family...

May 24, 2013
So Cal
DD's team imploded two weeks ago (long story but after several players left, coach also quit). Gotta love this generation's definition of "commitment".

DD is picking up with a team for 6 weeks, including a local NSA tournament this weekend. In May, she will tryout for a new 14U team. So is the life of a travel ball family...

That sucks. Good luck in finding a new home.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location

Bummer. You should come pitch with us while you are in free agency. Two DFP Pitching DDs on the same team? What could go wrong :) PM me if you are interested. The team is pretty good and has room in the rotation for another good pitcher. I promise not to secretly smile when she struggles :)

Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
DD out sick yesterday and today with the first tourney of the year coming up this weekend. Hope she feels OK and gets off to a good start as she has been pitching really well this spring.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse