Hijacked Thursday Check in 3/17

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
WM is tied up in my basement-

we are back to Vegas for the lil one this weekend. I was sorely disappointed last weekend that no DFPers were out there last week that I know of. Last weekend was a blast. I was hoarse from the loud cheering (we lost the Gold bracket consolation championship in an ITB after tying it with 4 runs with time expired in the bottom of the last inning- it was exciting). We faced a team from Utah called Pegasus that had some big hitting girls and it was a great game. Both teams got together afterwards for pictures, last teams on dark fields after playing all day.

Hoping lil DD has a similar experience this weekend and gets to play a long Sunday.

So what's the scoop...

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Our intended tournament schedule over the past few weeks has been wrecked. 2 weeks ago, we played pool games, but elims got rained out. Last week, tournament cancelled due to too many teams withdrawing. We had originally intended to play Las Vegas this weekend, but had trouble getting a hotel at a decent rate, so we pulled the plug.

This weekend...

Saturday - Team bowling party
Sunday - Friendlies in La Habra

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Our intended tournament schedule over the past few weeks has been wrecked. 2 weeks ago, we played pool games, but elims got rained out. Last week, tournament cancelled due to too many teams withdrawing. We had originally intended to play Las Vegas this weekend, but had trouble getting a hotel at a decent rate, so we pulled the plug.

This weekend...

Saturday - Team bowling party
Sunday - Friendlies in La Habra

If Wicked is hosting that La Habra friendly be sure to hit up the burrito stand good stuff.

Jun 12, 2015
Our tournament didn't make this weekend. Practice on Saturday (4 hours, plus an extra hour since mine's a pitcher; she'll sleep well that night), then Sunday she's picking up to play at the GA State field for a fundraiser, for her best friend's team. They still only have 7 as far as I know, and for whatever reason my kid loves picking up. The GSU girls play at noon, then the 10U girls take the field at 2. DH has to work all weekend so it's all on me, plus one of my older dd's teammates' moms, who is taking her to pictures & practice on Sunday while I'm at GSU. This is a crazy life.

Sep 29, 2014
Saturday....HS tryouts.

My DD has officially thrown in the towel on serious softball and just wants the social experience (she is a Jr)...in completely incomprehensible 16yr old fashion she stated if coach asks her to play varsity (she was JV MVP last year but lots of returning starters to varsity so might be non issue) she will say NO; to which I reminded her the coach does not have to let you play JV (which is what she wants to do with all her friends and JV coach loves her). So why not tank the tryout you ask; as much as she wants to not play varsity; when she steps on the field she will always give 100% and is ticked off when other don't go figure.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Closing weekend for our spring break...I think we are going to take it easy. Next week is back into full swing with work, school, HS games and a possible college visit.

Oct 10, 2011
We have High School Varsity scrimmages today and tomorrow. Hopefully they can cut down on the 25 errors they had over the last 2 games because the real season starts Monday!

Sep 18, 2011
Tryouts/practice continues this week. So far it has been rather amusing. new coach argued with the girls for 10 munues before finally conceding that the bases are 60 feet apart. For 10 minutes he insisted that they were supposed to be 65. Had them work on bunt defense with pitcher covering first, but if third base fielded the ball then first baseman was supposed to hustle back to the bag to receive the throw. Next day he sheepishly told the girls that his bunt defense might not work in fastpitch. Lots of other fun examples. A few weeks ago I was a bit worked up about it having a coach with NO softball experience, but now I'm just amused. Seems like folks have been crawling out of the woodwork to help the guy out and he seems to have embraced the help, so hopefully things will be tolerable.

Three practice games on Monday. Did I mention that the best pitcher in the school decided not to play school ball??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse