Hijacked Thursday Check in 3/17

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
See my new profile pic? At the GSU game this weekend my daughter got to meet Cat Osterman. Funny, one of the other adults there told me to make sure I go home and Google her so my kid will know who she is. bwahaha! She'd already come running over to me, having noticed Cat all on her own, and said, "Cat Osterman just looked at me!!!!!!!!!" lol. Later she gave autographs to all the little 10U girls waiting to play on the field when the game was over. It was very cool.

Mar 18, 2014
Georgia
We are playing an 18U Gold Cup event. All the big dogs from GA will be there, so it should be a good tournament. May become a one day event if it rains on Saturday.

USA Elite Select
DD team first tournament of the year won the Gold Cup 2 to 1 in 8 innings over Ga Elite Hoover. Great game and a good weekend of ball. Are Yall with Cobras' this year?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
DD team first tournament of the year won the Gold Cup 2 to 1 in 8 innings over Ga Elite Hoover. Great game and a good weekend of ball. Are Yall with Cobras' this year?

Yes, we ran out of gas and the GA Elite put us out in the semi-finals. Congratulations on winning the tournament!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Thanks, You guys had a good tournament also!

A lot of good teams in that one. We went 4-3 for the weekend and got our pitchers a lot of circle time and our batters reps against good teams. Only disappointment was laying an egg in the first inning of our first pool game against ECB-Johnson. We played y'all in a consolation game on Saturday, but I do not think y'all were playing to win.

Mar 18, 2014
Georgia
A lot of good teams in that one. We went 4-3 for the weekend and got our pitchers a lot of circle time and our batters reps against good teams. Only disappointment was laying an egg in the first inning of our first pool game against ECB-Johnson. We played y'all in a consolation game on Saturday, but I do not think y'all were playing to win.
I didn't go to the pool games my 3 year old was in a beauty Padgett :( not my cup of tea even though she won. lol sounded like we didn't play great Saturday plenty of rust not seeing live pitching this year, but these girls seem to know how to pick it up when the bracket games start. we batted 11 the max u could Sunday so everyone got a lot of playing time and was fun to watch since we are new to this team. I hope this will be a good summer for the girls. You guys hit the ball really well and had some good wins this weekend looking forward to the next Gold cup in a few weeks.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I don't have the link, but here is who won - "The 2016 Commando Classic championship was Maryville against Ravenwood. The game ended up with Maryville winning 4-0 late Saturday night." from the Commando website.

we went 0-4 :(
Maryville is good. Gibbs and William Blount both played well from what I've seen on Maxpreps. We are playing in the Lady Trojan Invitational this weekend at Warner Park. A lot of good teams in this one. Did you happen to see Creekwood? We've got them in pool play.

Feb 26, 2016
Murfreesboro, TN
Maryville is good. Gibbs and William Blount both played well from what I've seen on Maxpreps. We are playing in the Lady Trojan Invitational this weekend at Warner Park. A lot of good teams in this one. Did you happen to see Creekwood? We've got them in pool play.

We played Gibbs. They are a nice team. It was close until the end. I saw Creekwood, but really didn't pay much attention.

Have fun a Warner, one of my favorite parks. We spent most of last summer there with the travel team - Tennessee Crusaders.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
We played Gibbs. They are a nice team. It was close until the end. I saw Creekwood, but really didn't pay much attention.
Have fun a Warner, one of my favorite parks. We spent most of last summer there with the travel team - Tennessee Crusaders.

We have spent many weekends at Warner too. You guys gave us our worst loss of the season last year! :) DD played for Fury 01 last summer. She, and six other Fury girls from the 01 and 02 teams joined the Team Knoxville organization when they started a 14U team this past fall. I'm sure we will be playing some of the same tourneys this summer. I'll PM you our schedule. It's always nice to meet folks from DFP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misscoug