Higher level fundraising

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 17, 2014
Middle America
DD's 13u team Heading to some national events in 2016. Looking for some successful fundraising ideas to put together. We already do night at the races, raffles, etc and those are ok to offset the the usual season costs. I'm looking for larger event ideas in the 3-5k range. Thanks.

Jan 3, 2014
Call up your local Goodwill store. See if they will pay you by the pound for donations. Our local Goodwill agreed to do this, and even provided a truck and a couple of guys to help load. Send the word out a couple of weeks early that you'll be taking donations for your team. DW was in charge of this for DS baseball team. They got just shy of $4K. All we had to do was sit with the truck in a local HS parking lot, and people came to us with minvans full of crap to donate.

Feb 7, 2013
One year our local rec all star team qualified for nationals, we raised a lot of money by personally visiting all of the businesses in the area and the businesses that didn't give money, donated supplies to us for softball equipment, car washes, etc.

If done right, poker tournaments can raise lots of money.

Sep 3, 2013
Last year we did a "year of cheer" fundraiser .... every family got beer, wine, liquor, mixers etc. donated. We didnt call it a basket because it ended up being a "truckload" of stuff. Sold tickets for $5 a piece and we could not get the tickets printed fast enough. We did this in combination with another team in the organization and so we had 24 families selling tickets, made over 9K. Tickets were sold end of october through first weekend in december where we did the raffle and had a big party!

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
If your state has charity poker games. And you are a registered non profit. I highly recommend this. We did this with my DDs softball from 10u-14u my total dues to the org during that time was less then $100 because of the poker parties.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles