High School Rules

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 4, 2010
Hope this isn't a dumb question. How do I go about getting a copy of the high school rulebook? Also, does each state differ?

I was asked to help coach our HS Varsity team this year and was quite surprised that the coaches did not have a rule book. I find myself disagreeing with a few things and want to be able to know what I am saying or teaching is correct or not.

I have also had different rulings from different umpires which only confuses me more ;)

Thanks!

May 4, 2010
Thanks, it looks like the 2010 rules are not for sale anymore (from the order page) but I can order the 2011 book due in September. They do have 2010 casebook and umpires manual available though but I am not sure that is what I need. Thanks SoCal, I printed it off.

Mar 13, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
If your school is a member of the NFHS (I would assume they are, since you are using high school rules) then you may be able to get their rules on-line. You have to be a paid NFHS member and also have to register as such on the NFHS website. Once you do that, you can access the rule book, case book and umpire manual as PDF documents. Your head coach or A.D. should be able to provide you with information about their membership.

You might also try eBay. These rule books pop up from time-to-time...probably being sold by coaches that are convinced they know it all and don't need no stinkin' rule book! In fact, I would be totally surprised if rule books weren't already provided to your school as part of their NFHS membership.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck