High Level Throwing eBook

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
My DD is 7 but she has had lots of practice being that this is the start of her second year practicing, playing and pitching on a 10U travel team. Her overhand form is good and she throws hard but I'm looking to progress her to the next step. We just started doing the drills. They are quick and simple but do activate the correct sequence and muscles to use. She picked up the first few drills with no problem and yes the repetition is the time user. I would get experience with your DD first before trying them with a team.

Link to her form before getting HLT e-book on a previous post. #5 post on the first page.

http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-fielding/15916-some-throwing-tips.html#post188419

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2009
I'm going back to a former HS to help with hitting with their team this year after spending the last 7 at a higher skilled HS team. The skill level at the former school is very low, with only a very few players playing outside of HS. Hardly any have the throwing skills of your DD.

My expertise is hitting. I believe there are many similarities between throwing and hitting but my main reason for the interest in the ebook is for teaching throwing itself. We are in off season right now so I was hoping to find some drills that would be within the rules of "no skill development". We can use most anything if it doesn't use softball (or baseball) equipment. Can't use gloves, but we can use tennis balls or rubber balls. I'm hoping to find out the ebook would be very effective for newbies (and self-teaching via repetition after initial instruction).

Oct 10, 2011
I'm going back to a former HS to help with hitting with their team this year after spending the last 7 at a higher skilled HS team. The skill level at the former school is very low, with only a very few players playing outside of HS. Hardly any have the throwing skills of your DD.

My expertise is hitting. I believe there are many similarities between throwing and hitting but my main reason for the interest in the ebook is for teaching throwing itself. We are in off season right now so I was hoping to find some drills that would be within the rules of "no skill development". We can use most anything if it doesn't use softball (or baseball) equipment. Can't use gloves, but we can use tennis balls or rubber balls. I'm hoping to find out the ebook would be very effective for newbies (and self-teaching via repetition after initial instruction).

The book for me was a big help but just an FYI on one of the drills. On the behind the head drill... I absolutely love this drill but I didn't watch DD do it all the time because it is so simple. Well when I sent Austin a video he quickly noticed that her hand went behind her head but well above it (make sense?) So when I watched her do the drill, she was putting the ball at the top of her head. The reason was because she has extremely thick hair, and she said her pony tail was in the way and it annoyed her. We've since moved the pony tail over to get it out of the way. Problem solved. I know this is something very simple but can show if any drill is done incorrectly...well, you know:)
I also love using the Spin Right spinner for over hand throwing, but especially for teaching her the side arm throw. The girls seem to like it after they get used to it.

Oct 25, 2009
The book for me was a big help but just an FYI on one of the drills. On the behind the head drill... I absolutely love this drill but I didn't watch DD do it all the time because it is so simple. Well when I sent Austin a video he quickly noticed that her hand went behind her head but well above it (make sense?) So when I watched her do the drill, she was putting the ball at the top of her head. The reason was because she has extremely thick hair, and she said her pony tail was in the way and it annoyed her. We've since moved the pony tail over to get it out of the way. Problem solved. I know this is something very simple but can show if any drill is done incorrectly...well, you know:)
I also love using the Spin Right spinner for over hand throwing, but especially for teaching her the side arm throw. The girls seem to like it after they get used to it.

Thanks. That's the one drill that I picked up from some of the posts. I'm trying that one but without the ebook I don't believe I actually have the full blessing of our head coach. And I'm not sure at this point if it actually works, anyway. Because I don't have results, yet, of course.

I'm just before ordering it. What I need now is another testimonial or two. :)

Oct 10, 2011
Thanks. That's the one drill that I picked up from some of the posts. I'm trying that one but without the ebook I don't believe I actually have the full blessing of our head coach. And I'm not sure at this point if it actually works, anyway. Because I don't have results, yet, of course.

Yes...just one piece of the puzzle:) I believe the drill needs to be done everyday (at least for awhile) along with some others to be effective.

Dec 3, 2012
West Coast

Here are a couple hard to find endorsements but I think they say it all.

I know I'm good, you know I'm good. All thanks to Austin.

Bryce

私はいいです知っている,

あなたは、私は良いです知っている

オースティンへのすべてのおかげで。

AKA Ichiro

Two big time studs with great form thanks to Austin. Now what ya waiting for?

Oct 25, 2009
Here are a couple hard to find endorsements but I think they say it all.

I know I'm good, you know I'm good. All thanks to Austin.

Bryce

私はいいです知っている,

あなたは、私は良いです知っている

オースティンへのすべてのおかげで。

AKA Ichiro

Two big time studs with great form thanks to Austin. Now what ya waiting for?

For real? That would be great! Where can I read more about that? Throwing, right?

Oct 25, 2009
Just when I was about to take the dive I discovered their web site isn't secure. No https. You shouldn't use credit cards on sites that aren't secure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie