Hand protection

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 25, 2011
Southern Illinois
Last night at batting practice, we had a girl get plunked on her hand. It didn't look bad but in the end it was broken. She's out 6 weeks.
So it got me trying to find some better gloves for young girls(10U). The Xprotex gloves look good, but though it says they make a girls small, I can't find one for) was wondering if there were any other brands that are small. Can't even find a boys small.
Thanks for any ideas.

Dec 7, 2011
Search on:
Manufacturer : All Star
Product : "The Claw"

DD picked this up at the sports mega-plex for $10 on sale the other day.

I know they have small sizes and the quality can't be any worse than Xprotex....

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I have a tiny set of xprotects that even a little girl that was 4'4" couldn't really use. I bought them back from her. I will look for them.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Last night at batting practice, we had a girl get plunked on her hand. It didn't look bad but in the end it was broken.

This was the worse injury DD has had happen to her during softball, thank goodness it was only a fracture.

Mentally it took her a little while to get over it, she was afraid of anything inside and was bailing. Took a lot of reps for her to start forgetting about it, still isn’t total out of her head.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Last night at batting practice, we had a girl get plunked on her hand. It didn't look bad but in the end it was broken. She's out 6 weeks.
So it got me trying to find some better gloves for young girls(10U). The Xprotex gloves look good, but though it says they make a girls small, I can't find one for) was wondering if there were any other brands that are small. Can't even find a boys small.
Thanks for any ideas.

I made my own.....I got a bigger glove than needed, and cut old flip flops ....turned glove inside out, and super glued the padding to the glove...turn it back, and get a thin womens silk glove to stick as a liner, not to losen padding taking it on and off... :{)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32