Haley

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2019
Mike, nice job of duplicating Rich's movement pattern. btw I am not nocking the pattern, we know it works.

Thanks, to me that's a very nice compliment.
I have always appreciated and respected yours along with everyone else that agreed or disagreed regarding the swing. I don't have the expertise that you or W=W and some of the others have. I find a few students that share my passion for the swing and ask if they would put up with my obsessiveness over the swing long enough to hopefully have them realize their fullest potential and get a chance to play at the next level.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Thanks, to me that's a very nice compliment.
I have always appreciated and respected yours along with everyone else that agreed or disagreed regarding the swing. I don't have the expertise that you or W=W and some of the others have. I find a few students that share my passion for the swing and ask if they would put up with my obsessiveness over the swing long enough to hopefully have them realize their fullest potential and get a chance to play at the next level.

The swing is much improved. Good job. Glad shes finding success. Thanks for the compliments. I’m no expert. Im just experienced.

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
1st day of live batting practice. Haley decides to flex a little muscle. The discus net is about 235 feet away. The ball fell about 10 feet in front of the net And rolled to the pole. I put the iPad down then realized I had the ball in view so lifted it up to capture the bounce.

i tried to focus in on the ball

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa

I started working with one of my high school students last January. She is a 9th grader playing 14U. Here is our 1st lesson together

Here almost 11 months later. She’s been a very consistent worker throughout the year. i think shes made great progress thus far. I know we sometimes don’t realize the progress our players make but looking at the old video was a surprise at how much she’s really grown.

We still have thing to work on and getting her swing constantly against live is her next challenge.

Huge difference. The first one she is swinging down with the blur out front. The second one she is blurring early, TTB right into the ball.

Even my swing experiment, I’ve changed. I’ve built my body awareness and what happened in the swing.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Huge difference. The first one she is swinging down with the blur out front. The second one she is blurring early, TTB right into the ball.

Even my swing experiment, I’ve changed. I’ve built my body awareness and what happened in the swing.

Shawn, hopefully for AJ's sake this is a sign of him learning how to swing "down to" vs turning down behind him. Like Bonds says hitting the low pitch is easy.

6i18zfX.gif

kQLpiH8.gif

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
We started high school (Glendora) season officially on Friday. We played Charter Oak a team coached by Haley’s former coach when she played 8U & 10U rec. ball. As if she wasn’t motivated enough, I told her I‘d try her out in the lead off spot. Here she hit a 2 run HR to right field. We have things to improve on but this was a nice start to the season.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez