Haley

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I'm not a fan of "head between the hips". For my DD, the critical moment having her head over her rear hip at launch, and pulling back over the hip. If she's forward of her rear hip, things aren't good.

Here's a couple of other guys...

These frames are: Left - Toe touch, Center - Launch/heel down, Right - Contact
View attachment 21608
View attachment 21609

It’s a style issue. For awhile I thought the head should be over the front hip creating an attack posture. Like many things it can be done differently.

I’m talking at the launch position.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
It’s a style issue. For awhile I thought the head should be over the front hip creating an attack posture. Like many things it can be done differently.

I’m talking at the launch position.

For my DD, it's not a style issue. If her head is in front of her rear hip, it's a mess. Her head being over her rear hip at launch is critical for her mechanics. I see the same thing in a lot of MLB swings, too.

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
For my DD, it's not a style issue. If her head is in front of her rear hip, it's a mess. Her head being over her rear hip at launch is critical for her mechanics. I see the same thing in a lot of MLB swings, too.

efastball suggestion of 3 inches was worth exploring. That little adjustment helped her to stretch with the torso better. A couple times she went too far forward but realized the pullback is key and helped the snap. Balance is the key.

we’ll have to do some front toss to see if the hips leveled out.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Awesome!

Do you think I need to send the barrel backwards like Haley? She is a little more east n west at initiation, where I’m more north n south.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee