Haley

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2019

I started working with one of my high school students last January. She is a 9th grader playing 14U. Here is our 1st lesson together

May 16, 2019

Here almost 11 months later. She’s been a very consistent worker throughout the year. i think shes made great progress thus far. I know we sometimes don’t realize the progress our players make but looking at the old video was a surprise at how much she’s really grown.

We still have thing to work on and getting her swing constantly against live is her next challenge.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2015
Chautauqua County
In the new swing, she is tilting rearward with the shoulders to create the swing plane. Instead of posture setting the swing plane through tilt toward the plate. This is creating swinging up way to much.
would you please expand on this? tilting toward the plate doesn't seem right. wouldn't this cause a hitter to be leaning over the plate? this is an honest question, nothing more. thanks!

Jun 8, 2016
would you please expand on this? tilting toward the plate doesn't seem right. wouldn't this cause a hitter to be leaning over the plate? this is an honest question, nothing more. thanks!
YsL52OW.gif

Jun 8, 2016
Tee swings can cause various exaggerations. Better off analyzing a moving ball swing. In particular here, from the tee placement, it looks like she was working on turning the barrel deep (??) which might cause a bit of the exaggerated tilt (doesn't look that bad to me) which you are seeing.

Edit: Like I have said in numerous previous threads, better off having the hitter try and track the ball coming from an imaginary pitcher rather than staring at the contact location the whole time.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802