Haley

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
dfp20210406-001.jpg

Let's start at the end and work our way back.
1. She swings 'up', so what causes that?
2. See the green line? Her hips are angled way, way up. They should be flat. What caused that?
3. See the yellow line? Her head has barely moved ahead of her back foot.

The initial problem is that she strides with her front leg, not the back. You must stride forward from the back foot. Then you must land with a (much more) bent front leg, with your hips level with the ground.

How to fix:
1. Stride with the rear leg about 3 inches further.

Do dry stride drills (stance to toe touch, no ball) over and over and over, and exaggerate landing on a very bent front knee. Look down and see where your head is. Mark a line in the dirt, or put down some tape.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I'm not a fan of "head between the hips". For my DD, the critical moment having her head over her rear hip at launch, and pulling back over the hip. If she's forward of her rear hip, things aren't good.

Here's a couple of other guys...

These frames are: Left - Toe touch, Center - Launch/heel down, Right - Contact
1617729031581.png
1617729170233.png

Aug 20, 2017
I'm not a fan of "head between the hips". For my DD, the critical moment having her head over her rear hip at launch, and pulling back over the hip. If she's forward of her rear hip, things aren't good.

Here's a couple of other guys...

These frames are: Left - Toe touch, Center - Launch/heel down, Right - Contact
View attachment 21608
View attachment 21609
Head between hips during move out. Not for everybody but she’s definitely reaching with the front foot during the stride. Que of head between hips “could” help. You can keep the hips tighter during the move out by keeping the head between them which can help rotational forces

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478