Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Yes sir, I’m Mr. 2A around here! It’s a God given, constitutional right! Both of my children have seen a pistol EVERYDAY of their lives since they were toddlers, to them it’s normal, we live that lifestyle and neither of my kids are curious! And they both can shoot!

I renewed my CCL at the first of the year, before the China virus struck, that’s my fifth time, so 25 years!

All three of my kiddos have also grown up around guns and they all love to shoot. They each have their own Savage Rascal that they use. My oldest enjoys shooting my MSR as well. Typically I’ll go setup some steel and/or clay targets to shoot at.

CCL holder here for 15 years now. I’m a big advocate for concealed carry.

In a prior life I had to be certified as a Range Safety Officer and worked A LOT of shooting events. I’ve seen some things.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
In a prior life I had to be certified as a Range Safety Officer and worked A LOT of shooting events. I’ve seen some things.........
Shot 200 rounds last Sunday at my local range, honestly the first time I’ve shot since March, and it showed! :cautious:

There was two women that were two lanes over from me, they were way more interested in taking pics and videoing themselves instead of practicing.

I was going to shoot another 50 rounds and just happened to see one of those idiots sweep the other one with her muzzle when she turned around! Nope, I’m leaving right now before........

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Shot 200 rounds last Sunday at my local range, honestly the first time I’ve shot since March, and it showed! :cautious:

There was two women that were two lanes over from me, they were way more interested in taking pics and videoing themselves instead of practicing.

I was going to shoot another 50 rounds and just happened to see one of those idiots sweep the other one with her muzzle when she turned around! Nope, I’m leaving right now before........

I’ve not been able to get out and shoot as much as I’d like. Went out and shot a bunch prior to a hunt in October and then I haven’t pulled the trigger as much.

And I’ve seen many similar scenarios. There’s been a few times I had to have “the talk” during range events.

Dec 11, 2010
I‘m lucky to have a pistol/carbine range near my house that I can often catch empty. I almost never practice shooting standing still so I have to have the place to myself. If someone is there I don’t even stop.

Thats part of why I bought the CERT trainer pistol. I feel like I will get a lot out of that, can “practice” shooting on the move, even up/down stairs. Want to try shooting while running, safe to do it this way. No ammo, no safety issues, no need to be at the range.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
I‘m lucky to have a pistol/carbine range near my house that I can often catch empty. I almost never practice shooting standing still so I have to have the place to myself. If someone is there I don’t even stop.

Thats part of why I bought the CERT trainer pistol. I feel like I will get a lot out of that, can “practice” shooting on the move, even up/down stairs. Want to try shooting while running, safe to do it this way. No ammo, no safety issues, no need to be at the range.

I’m with you. Preference is to have the ability to “move and shoot” train. But, even stationary is better than nothing.

Back in Oregon I was a member at a range that had a live action course. It was awesome. Users had to qualify before getting access to it. Tons of fun.

Let me know what you think of the CERT trainer. Seems like a nice tool to have.

May 20, 2015
our coyotes tend to get big.....and some of the spots i'd hunt would lend itself to long range shots, so from what i've read something like a .22-250 or .223 would make more sense......but i've seen a lot of guys that love the .17 hmr

as it stands for now i'll be using my tikka .270wsm......so big holes are gonna happen if i get a chance to connect lol......which is fine, the biggest thing is removing dogs from dads property to help the deer out haha

i grew up in westfield, MA......i could see savage arms from my backyard.......i think every kid in my middle school shop class made a gunstock lamp with a blem stock that they donated; my aunt used to burn blems in her fireplace......

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
our coyotes tend to get big.....and some of the spots i'd hunt would lend itself to long range shots, so from what i've read something like a .22-250 or .223 would make more sense......but i've seen a lot of guys that love the .17 hmr

as it stands for now i'll be using my tikka .270wsm......so big holes are gonna happen if i get a chance to connect lol......which is fine, the biggest thing is removing dogs from dads property to help the deer out haha

i grew up in westfield, MA......i could see savage arms from my backyard.......i think every kid in my middle school shop class made a gunstock lamp with a blem stock that they donated; my aunt used to burn blems in her fireplace......
Gunstock lamp.....that's funny! It's been years since I've shot a .22-250, is it still the fastest velocity round out there? Too lazy to check, I do remember at one time it was!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Not that its practical...but really want that SW500...for no other reason than to say I have it...hahaha.

If I were getting one for Xmas, that what I would buy myself...maybe not Xmas, but I will have it

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Not that its practical...but really want that SW500...for no other reason than to say I have it...hahaha.

If I were getting one for Xmas, that what I would buy myself...maybe not Xmas, but I will have it
It is truly a sight to see to watch someone shoot a 3.5" S&W 500 at night! The fireball out of each side of the cylinder is more impressive than out of the muzzle! It's just a monster round!

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
It is truly a sight to see to watch someone shoot a 3.5" S&W 500 at night! The fireball out of each side of the cylinder is more impressive than out of the muzzle! It's just a monster round!

I've seen people shoot S&W 500's before. Impressive firepower with that gun. I've never shot one before. My dad recently bought a Desert Eagle and sis and I got to the range with him to shoot it. I almost looked like this girl...

I thought the kickback would get me like it did in this clip. I'm surprised she didn't break her nose.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13