Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Shot 200 rounds of 9mm Sunday week ago, first time I’ve shot in forever for exactly that reason, don’t want to deplete any of my stash! This ammo shortage is by design, ridiculous!

I know what you mean. Going out with dad and sis was the first I've gotten to go out and have a gun in my hands in a while. I don't know how many rounds we shot between the three of us...but it was a bunch. My sister may have smoked with the handguns, and dad may have smoked us with a rifle...but I smoked them at clays. Too much fun. But we don't go around saying about our ammo stash we have here. Dad says something big is going to happen. But your right, this ammo shortage is by design. Thankfully, dad can reload rounds.

Jun 19, 2016
In the last shortage pistol rounds were short but you could get rifle rounds....with maybe the exception of 5.56.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
The other issue is that he is president of what used to be 4 separate companies. If they were not under one roof they would probably have more incentive to make more investments.

Yes and no. COVID has definitely been an issue for all manufacturers. The ammunition industry is also incredibly incestuous. Many “competing” brands make brass, primer, and bullets for each other. So with demand maxing everything out it comes down to who gets what.

At the end of the day it boils down to production capacity and prioritization. Hunting calibers often suffer when higher volume cartridges spike. Common pistol and rifle rounds can’t be kept on a shelf right now. So ammo factories prioritize their production thus effecting lower volume calibers which most hunting rounds full under.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Found this in an old toolbox under my workbench yesterday, forgot just how good it is! Imagine The Black Crowes lead guitarist....."I'll just be standing over here if you need me!"
IMG_2801.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802