Good shoes for a DD's dad ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I bought a pair of 3N2's with pitchers toe for dd two years ago ($90) they didn't last through the summer. Going into fall ball I bought the top shelf Ringors ($103) we are about to start another season with them and for once, since she was 5, I won't be buying any cleats for her this spring!

Nov 1, 2008
If she pitches...steel tie boots. Primarily I wear them due to work requirements and just don't take them off to go to the field. But they have saved me on a few low ones.

Jan 25, 2011
Heck yeah!! That is my footwear of choice! I get a good laugh when I see coaches wearing a full uniform and cleats. Just incase they nee to get in the game! lol
Last year in Ohio, I saw a coach in full uniform, pants, shirt and the works for 12u, but that wasn't the best part, the little fanny pack made the whole thing work. I guess that was to keep his under the eye black for the sun.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
If she pitches...steel tie boots. Primarily I wear them due to work requirements and just don't take them off to go to the field. But they have saved me on a few low ones.

I have never gone so far as to wear steel toed boots, but the first thing I thought when I read the "flip flop" responses, was...."I bet they don't have to warm up any pitchers"! I have taken a few errant pitches off the end of my Ringors, and while it hurts, taking one off a bare toe in flip flops would require prescription pain medication and adult beverages!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Last year in Ohio, I saw a coach in full uniform, pants, shirt and the works for 12u, but that wasn't the best part, the little fanny pack made the whole thing work. I guess that was to keep his under the eye black for the sun.

I went to a high school JV baseball game last Wednesday and the base coaches were in full uniform - including numbers on their jerseys. Our HS softball coach just wears a tee shirt with the team logo.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
For me - Akadema has great turf shoes and often have them on sale from their website. Every time they do I buy 3 pairs for about $25/pair (they list at $80 when they are not on sale)

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I thought that all baseball coaches were required to be in uniform.

I had to wear a fanny pack, when I coached at a small college, because I had to have sterile gloves "on me." In 50 years, I have never needed sterile gloves, but whatever the boss says, is OK with me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krugersoftball