someone pulled a bat exchange on DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Just a story.

DD was the only player on her young Team with a properly sized bat which I got at Wal-Mart for $15. Most the Team used her bat. When DD was on deck she wanted her bat to warmup with. I told her batter has the prority over you warming up.

We had a long conversation about it, what if I do not get it back when I am up? Look where is your bat going, the batter is going to hit the ball and drop the bat or strike out and give it to you on the way the dugout. Impossible for your bat to go anywhere.

Of course next game AC's DD was using her bat when she was on deck. Some reason AC is in opposing dugout jawing with other coach. His DD struck out and called her over. There goes DD's bat into the opposing dugout.

DD's staring daggers at me and the other player. The I told you so look. I was so confident I was right, where can a bat disappear?

She stepped into box with the other bat but you could tell she was uncomfortable. I called time out and went and got her bat for her.

Umpire was not impressed, my timeout I can do what I want with it.

May 6, 2015
One dad on our team suggested one unwrap just a bit of the grip, write something distintive there, then rewrap. magic eraser can sometimes erase sharpie, and serial number stickers can come off or be peeled off.

sad you have to go to such lengths.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee