Glove Relace Question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Thou shalt not turn thy needle 15 times, 'less thou proceedest directly on to 16.
Dan Davis called me one weekday and asked exactly where I lived in relation to a HS in NC where his son was attending a baseball camp the following Saturday. It was around 45 miles from the house, I thought why not, I'm going to ride there and meet the guy.

About an hour in I was watching him thread a piece of lace into a Perma-Lok needle, I told him those needles are awesome until they let loose in a awkward position inside of a glove (again think bad cuss words)!

That's when he told me you have to screw a piece of lace into the needle 16 times.....no more, no less! I just met the guy, you have to know me, I have a built in BS meter, and it just pegged! So I just flat out said it....you're BS'ing me right? He said no way I'm serious, okay, right, I left there still thinking he was messing with me!

So what did I do first thing as soon as I got home, threaded a piece of lace into a needle....16 times, nope he wasn't kidding! I had to really pull hard to get it to release from the needle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid