Glove clarification

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
For me, and if I could only have one glove (can’t imagine), and my DD pitched and had private lessons also, I’d buy a quality 34” catchers mitt.

Some guys use & love a 1B mitt, I’m just not one of them!

Apr 8, 2021
For me, and if I could only have one glove (can’t imagine), and my DD pitched and had private lessons also, I’d buy a quality 34” catchers mitt.

Some guys use & love a 1B mitt, I’m just not one of them!

What are your thoughts on the CM3200SBT?
I'm mostly in the buy once cry once camp for things, what would you recommend for a catchers mitt since this is my DD first year in softball & rec? She is still adamant that she wants to pitch so I'm anticipating continuing next year.

May 6, 2015
What are your thoughts on the CM3200SBT?
I'm mostly in the buy once cry once camp for things, what would you recommend for a catchers mitt since this is my DD first year in softball & rec? She is still adamant that she wants to pitch so I'm anticipating continuing next year.
IF it will fit your hand AS CMW3001 is a tank , great protection, but beast to break in. but for catching pitching lessons not really an issue if you do not squeeze everything right out of the gate ;)

Feb 24, 2021
I am looking to pick up another glove, I remember AnnasDad talking about Trapeze gloves and i really like those. I found a used 13.5" Silverback Trapeze in pretty good shape. I know northing about these though, is that a decent glove? I will mostly use it for bucket time with DD and want something a little bigger than my current since she is moving to 12U this fall. I appreciate any feedback!

Oct 4, 2018
I would like to revisit this briefly.
1. While I fully agree a 12.75 outfield pattern would work. Would a 1B mitt work even better for a coach?
2. My 12yo DD just started pitching lessons and I expect I will have to catch for her in the relative future. May this change your answer for question 1 above?

Thanks

I do everything with a catcher's mitt.

My DD is a pitcher so I need a catcher's mitt. And because it's the glove I wear the most I use it for everything softball-related. When I coach, when I pitch BP, when I play catch, when I hit grounders with a glove on one hand, etc. etc. I really don't see why a coach would need multiple gloves.

Apr 8, 2021
I ended up getting the CM3200SBT. I'm happy with the fit and sound, except for the second knuckle on my middle finger the piping is very stiff and is causing a little pressure/pain. Is there any appropriate way to loosen that up besides playing catch?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I ended up getting the CM3200SBT. I'm happy with the fit and sound, except for the second knuckle on my middle finger the piping is very stiff and is causing a little pressure/pain. Is there any appropriate way to loosen that up besides playing catch?
Take a small dab of Vaseline on your index finger / fingernail and rub into the area that's the problem, scratch it down smooth with your nail and really work the Vaseline into it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA