Ghost Unlimted feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 14, 2018
i'll share the info from the one player on my team who has tried the Unlimited.

She did exit velo testing with her Dual stamp and GH ADV. both in 33/23. and avg was 66-67 MPH over 10 hit balls with each bat.

The Unlimited she tested is 34/24 and average exit velo was 70mph. so 3-4 mph faster.
My Daughter had similar testing numbers. Both bats where 33/23.

Aug 9, 2021
Missed this "feedback" thread while I was out of cell service for a few weeks in June.

DD has a 34 drop 10. Loves it. I thought it might take some time to transition from her Advanced 33 drop 9, but she liked the new one.

Unfortunately it broke in Colorado. Working on the warranty claim now.

Would definitely buy again. Will look to move to a drop 9 as soon as she can swing it.

We have data from her Advanced 33 and will look to get numbers from the Unlimited.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Missed this "feedback" thread while I was out of cell service for a few weeks in June.

DD has a 34 drop 10. Loves it. I thought it might take some time to transition from her Advanced 33 drop 9, but she liked the new one.

Unfortunately it broke in Colorado. Working on the warranty claim now.

Would definitely buy again. Will look to move to a drop 9 as soon as she can swing it.

We have data from her Advanced 33 and will look to get numbers from the Unlimited.
That's crazy that it broke already. I assume it cracked rather than broke at the connection?

Aug 9, 2021
That's crazy that it broke already. I assume it cracked rather than broke at the connection?
There is no "connection" with the 1 piece bat. It is definitely cracked...I'll try to post pics I'm not sure it is crazy, I do think there are bats that break but overall they are fine. We have a 2020 and 2021 Ghost advanced bats that have been worked thoroughly without issue. Granted they are drop 9s.

Attachments

• IMG_8234.JPG
    IMG_8234.JPG
    500.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_8235.JPG
    IMG_8235.JPG
    475.4 KB · Views: 106

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
There is no "connection" with the 1 piece bat. It is definitely cracked...I'll try to post pics I'm not sure it is crazy, I do think there are bats that break but overall they are fine. We have a 2020 and 2021 Ghost advanced bats that have been worked thoroughly without issue. Granted they are drop 9s.
My wording was incorrect. I know they're a one-piece. I should have said it cracked and didn't break at the connection, which is fairly common in the other models of Ghost bats. Either way, I am sorry it broke so quickly. I hope you get a quick warranty return.

Aug 9, 2021
My wording was incorrect. I know they're a one-piece. I should have said it cracked and didn't break at the connection, which is fairly common in the other models of Ghost bats. Either way, I am sorry it broke so quickly. I hope you get a quick warranty return.
No worries. Definitely a crack. I hate posting up that it was an issue and feeding into the "hysteria," but I think people should know. Two other girls had the bat and neither broke. I expect/hope the next one will be fine for years to come. DD owns two other Ghost Advanced bats and has had zero issues with them. But as I said they are drop 9s.

Mar 7, 2016

whats crazy is this is the EXACT same location all of my DD's GA's (on number 4 now) have broke. All drop 10's. Were instructed also to go to drop 9's. Was hoping the one piece may have cured it but doesnt look that way. Advising people to swing a heavier shorter stick shouldn't be the cure all to these bats.

Oct 23, 2013
Chicagoland
DD just got word they are going to switch to Easton Bats this year from Rawlings and she is super excited!

Of course they muddy the water by releasing an additional bat :(

She has been using a Rawlings Quatro pro 2018 I picked up from Coresoft, and I was wondering which Ghost would be closest?

She is a power slapper type and swings a 34/24.

She likes a balance feel and that's why she wasn't using the Mantras they got her.

Aug 9, 2021
Just got an email that the bat will be shipping out...next week. This is after an email a week and a half ago stating that the bat would be warrantied.

So approximately a month to get a bat replaced...assuming it shows up relatively quickly via whatever method they ship it. Not exactly "break-neck" speed in my mind. She has played in 12+ games since that time, not to mention practice time.

I went out and bought another one right away, but it would suck if one could not do that and was relying on a warranty to get a bat back.

Dec 19, 2021
whats crazy is this is the EXACT same location all of my DD's GA's (on number 4 now) have broke. All drop 10's. Were instructed also to go to drop 9's. Was hoping the one piece may have cured it but doesnt look that way. Advising people to swing a heavier shorter stick shouldn't be the cure all to these bats.
Same here. They seem to start at the bottom end of the barrell, maybe where the inner barrell ends. Not that DD ever hits it there 🙄

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi