GHOST ADVANCED

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
I was hoping that was a joke from Drew since there is a rubber band around the blue as well :)
Who knows as this is what I deal with all day:
Me: Who took class X?
Students raises hand
Me to student: Did you do this in that class (they did..)?
Student: Don't remember
Me: Who taught the class?
Student: Don't remember
Me: When did you take the course?
Student: Last year....

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018
I just got my daughter the new Ghost Advanced 32/21.. She used it twice, once of hitting lessons and the other time at a team practice, and it already cracked. Has anyone else had one or heard of one cracking already? I am hoping this isn't going to be a common theme with this new bat.

Yikes.

Paint crack or bat crack? Or can you tell?

Was it cold out? Hitting real balls?

Jul 31, 2019
Yikes.

Paint crack or bat crack? Or can you tell?

Was it cold out? Hitting real balls?

There is one large bat crack and lots of spider cracks in the paint. All sessions were indoors and we never keep her bag in the car. Yes, we were hitting real balls.

Jun 6, 2018
There is one large bat crack and lots of spider cracks in the paint. All sessions were indoors and we never keep her bag in the car. Yes, we were hitting real balls.

live pitching or real balls out of the juggs machine? (seen too many juggs machine ones so I never put real balls in it)

Also, curious as I finally gave middle daughter her 32/21 yesterday after weighing 12 of them over a week and a half process and rewrapped hers and got it to 22.7 ounces. Such a shame easton has no regard for weights as i was conscious on it since she is going up from a 31/21 ghost that weighed 22 ounces. all 12 32/21 bats i weighed were 23-23.5 ounces and then i looked at 5 32/22 and the lowest weight was 23.5 and two were 24.2.

Jul 31, 2019
live pitching or real balls out of the juggs machine? (seen too many juggs machine ones so I never put real balls in it)

Also, curious as I finally gave middle daughter her 32/21 yesterday after weighing 12 of them over a week and a half process and rewrapped hers and got it to 22.7 ounces. Such a shame easton has no regard for weights as i was conscious on it since she is going up from a 31/21 ghost that weighed 22 ounces. all 12 32/21 bats i weighed were 23-23.5 ounces and then i looked at 5 32/22 and the lowest weight was 23.5 and two were 24.2.
They were all live pitching.

It's unfortunate that weight is such an issue with these bats!

Mar 28, 2014

That's some pretty bad QC. 2-2.5 oz's overweight?

Feb 3, 2020
I followed this thread on the 2020 Ghost advanced and I have a question that no one has seemed to have addressed yet. We bought the 2020 Ghost at the end of November from Just Bats for a Christmas present in Dec. They failed to mention that right on the heels of that purchase was a new bat from Easton ,the 2020 Ghost Advance. Now I am always a little skeptical especially of Easton in general. I'm wondering why they brought out a 2020 supposedly top of the line bat and then this bat right after? It's like buying a 2020 I-phone pro at the end of November and then pushing out an I-phone 2020 Pro Advanced in January while leaving everybody confused.
Sounds like Tom Foolery, or something not right going on. I called Just Bats and then Easton this morning and got a very lame reply, like the girl was reading off the script on bat. Can anybody clear it up for me? My girl likes her bat but when her teammates start showing up with the Advanced, I'd like to know what the difference actually is. Thx.

Jun 6, 2018
My girl likes her bat but when her teammates start showing up with the Advanced, I'd like to know what the difference actually is. Thx.

Here goes my 2 cents. The 2020 ghost was decent, not great and is slightly behind the previous 2018 Blue Ghost.

Easton supposedly initially set out to get a ghost that was comparable to LXT soft/balanced feel. Their technologies provide a soft feel, reduced vibration, and better pop (3-7 mph faster exit speeds) in the ghost advance from the 2020 ghost.

I just can't tell you if the $100 difference is worth it. What I do find funny is I got the advanced from dicks and amazon and both had the initial price tag of $399.99 on them which Easton changed to $449.99 right before releasing it. (dont worry core was not buying from them only was trying to find a drop 11 that was a drop 10 instead of a drop 9 and was not going to burden you in that search)

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
They failed to mention that right on the heels of that purchase was a new bat from Easton ,the 2020 Ghost Advance. Now I am always a little skeptical especially of Easton in general. I'm wondering why they brought out a 2020 supposedly top of the line bat and then this bat right after? It's like buying a 2020 I-phone pro at the end of November and then pushing out an I-phone 2020 Pro Advanced in January while leaving everybody confused.
Sounds like Tom Foolery, or something not right going on. I called Just Bats and then Easton this morning and got a very lame reply, like the girl was reading off the script on bat. Can anybody clear it up for me? My girl likes her bat but when her teammates start showing up with the Advanced, I'd like to know what the difference actually is. Thx.

I don't know how long its been but we have been talking about the Advanced since at least last summer? I know there were college players using it in the fall and initially it was supposed to be a fall release to the public. Some bat selling sites have had them listed since fall or so, you just could not buy them.

There are bat sites that don't get much love around here. One is JustBatsAtFullRetail+15%.com. The others are anything with reviews or rankings in the title of the site.

The ghost your dd has is a very good bat. It is sometimes referred to as a "Dual Stamp" or more recently a 2020. A player I work with sometimes hit 3 over the fencers in an indoor tournament with one a couple weeks ago. When I front toss to her the ball comes off the bat very well.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
@Pigskinguru34 I was typing while you were. DD has only had the blue ghost and now an ADV, she tried to use the ADV for front toss the other night but went back to her blue pretty quickly saying only "It needs tee work. It isn't ready" . In her defense, it did sound pretty hard and high pitched.

I just laughed. I think it was starting to loosen up when she put it down.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish