GHOST ADVANCED

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
tom foolery, My gram would have been proud of that term...thats old school...hahaha. It has been discussed many times as there is another thread or two in here somewhere that have talked about the ADV.

This is not a new Ghost replacing the 2020 regular. Its another bat in the lineup. Other manufacturers will bring out 3 or 4 bats at one time ranging from their lower top line price point to their top price point, Easton just did it at diff times. They didnt have the ADV made when the 2020 dual was released. You called Easton customer service and asked a woman there why they made a bat when they did? Of course she has no answer, she has nothing to do with anything and I would be shocked if most phone customer service folks even know much about any bat other than what is in the description :). The ADV is another bat, not replacing the regular Ghost. There will be a 2021 regular Ghost around September, THAT will be replacing the 2020 regular Ghost. The ADV isnt for everybody and not intended to be. Like some have said, the thing is overweight...bigger barrel adds to the weight, no matter what they say and the endcap change was just to keep some of the weight off. I told people not to expect it to be light. Is it really endloaded, no, but its heavier. A lot who like the regular Ghost may not even like the ADV, hence, why 2 diff Ghosts now. Who knows when the next years ADV will be, maybe next Jan again. The ADV has been in production since the 2020 dual was released. Took quite some time to get it done and certified. I have had numerous ADV's in the 1.2 to 1.6 over, just like the dual Ghost...I actually think the drop11s are more overweight than the drop10s.

And brace for it, there is a USA colored Ghost coming in April, that is the regular 2020 Dual but with USA
colors just like they will have a USA inspired whole collection of equipment. I want to say that now so
nobody gets mad :)

Why in the heck do my paragraphs break up wierd sometimes? hahahaha

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
@Pigskinguru34 I was typing while you were. DD has only had the blue ghost and now an ADV, she tried to use the ADV for front toss the other night but went back to her blue pretty quickly saying only "It needs tee work. It isn't ready" . In her defense, it did sound pretty hard and high pitched.

I just laughed. I think it was starting to loosen up when she put it down.

Def requires like 50-100 hits or so..have heard that multiple times.

Oct 5, 2018
Just curious. Why so many dual stamped Ghosts and so few Advanced?

And what's up with those light blue grips? Those look horrible.

My guesses. Money and girls don't really know about the advanced yet.

33/24 advanced was 1.2 ounce over. 33/23s DS were 1.2 to 1.4 over. 32/22 DS was 1.2 over. All weighed in wrapper so maybe 0.2 less.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
dont worry core was not buying from them only was trying to find a drop 11 that was a drop 10 instead of a drop 9 and was not going to burden you in that search)

yeah yeah PG...I hear you :mad:...hahahahaha, j/k ;)

Nah, its cool, I can only weigh what I have and I dont have a ton of these hanging around like
I do the duals. I am more than happy to weigh bats on a Saturday when Im there if I have them
sitting there. Been shipping out once they arrive to keep people happy so never have a bunch sitting there.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020
tom foolery, My gram would have been proud of that term...thats old school...hahaha. It has been discussed many times as there is another thread or two in here somewhere that have talked about the ADV.

This is not a new Ghost replacing the 2020 regular. Its another bat in the lineup. Other manufacturers will bring out 3 or 4 bats at one time ranging from their lower top line price point to their top price point, Easton just did it at diff times. They didnt have the ADV made when the 2020 dual was released. You called Easton customer service and asked a woman there why they made a bat when they did? Of course she has no answer, she has nothing to do with anything and I would be shocked if most phone customer service folks even know much about any bat other than what is in the description :). The ADV is another bat, not replacing the regular Ghost. There will be a 2021 regular Ghost around September, THAT will be replacing the 2020 regular Ghost. The ADV isnt for everybody and not intended to be. Like some have said, the thing is overweight...bigger barrel adds to the weight, no matter what they say and the endcap change was just to keep some of the weight off. I told people not to expect it to be light. Is it really endloaded, no, but its heavier. A lot who like the regular Ghost may not even like the ADV, hence, why 2 diff Ghosts now. Who knows when the next years ADV will be, maybe next Jan again. The ADV has been in production since the 2020 dual was released. Took quite some time to get it done and certified. I have had numerous ADV's in the 1.2 to 1.6 over, just like the dual Ghost...I actually think the drop11s are more overweight than the drop10s.

And brace for it, there is a USA colored Ghost coming in April, that is the regular 2020 Dual but with USA
colors just like they will have a USA inspired whole collection of equipment. I want to say that now so

Why in the heck do my paragraphs break up wierd sometimes? hahahaha
Yes, Tom Foolery:) , I love that term when something seems kind of shady (not sure if it is, but hear me out...).
The woman I talked to was the rep and she seemed to leave me more confused on the issue.
I understand companies will bring out multiple models. My question really was why was it brought out so close to when I originally purchased my 2020 Ghost? You must have a crystal ball there, cause the dealer I purchased from (Just Bats) neglected to mention another bat was coming so close on the heels of this one and i asked. "Yes, I completely understand that in this case,
Given the well documented durability issues I have had and other of our teammates with Easton and particularly the Ghost, my mind went right to what are they hiding with this model? Were there issues they didn't tell everybody? Sometimes companies do that, and we the consumers are left out with a "dud model" or one we have to eat that no one wants thats worth less than half, and we are pretty much SOL. Not sure if i made a solid purchase or not. Seems like it's fair to say The 2020 Easton Ghost was the flagship bat. No brand or model confusion there until the advanced came out.

Hence circling back to my 'Tom Foolery" feeling about what might or might not be afoot. It's a lot of money and I think i speak for most people when that maybe have concerns about this kind of thing. I just needed some real-world clarity, but was not sure I got that. Thanks for adding your thoughts and expertise to the matter.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019
Yes, Tom Foolery:) , I love that term when something seems kind of shady (not sure if it is, but hear me out...).
The woman I talked to was the rep and she seemed to leave me more confused on the issue.
I understand companies will bring out multiple models. My question really was why was it brought out so close to when I originally purchased my 2020 Ghost? You must have a crystal ball there, cause the dealer I purchased from (Just Bats) neglected to mention another bat was coming so close on the heels of this one and i asked. "Yes, I completely understand that in this case,
Given the well documented durability issues I have had and other of our teammates with Easton and particularly the Ghost, my mind went right to what are they hiding with this model? Were there issues they didn't tell everybody? Sometimes companies do that, and we the consumers are left out with a "dud model" or one we have to eat that no one wants thats worth less than half, and we are pretty much SOL. Not sure if i made a solid purchase or not. Seems like it's fair to say The 2020 Easton Ghost was the flagship bat. No brand or model confusion there until the advanced came out.

Hence circling back to my 'Tom Foolery" feeling about what might or might not be afoot. It's a lot of money and I think i speak for most people when that maybe have concerns about this kind of thing. I just needed some real-world clarity, but was not sure I got that. Thanks for adding your thoughts and expertise to the matter.
In addition, is there enough, or for that mater and performance improvement from the 2020 dual stamp to the advance? Enough to drive a $100 increased price point?

Dec 11, 2010
The rollout of the Advanced was no secret to anyone. We have all been harassing Core about it to get cheap laughs for months.

It is no surprise that the goobers at Justbats didnt tell you. Congrats for buying from someone less informed than the shelf stocker at Big Box Sporting Goods.

Easton bats are over sticker. Always. Anderson built overweight bats too. Ray Demarini had a different idea.

Sad as it may seem, I have five Eastons here and a scale.

33/25 Ghost ASA 25.3 oz
33/25 Ghost ASA 25.6 oz
33/25 Ghost ADV 25.6 oz
33/24 SSR4B 25.3 oz (Stealth speed, black barrel with purple. Swings like an ASA Ghost )
33/25 Stealth Flex 25.2 oz (Lightest scale weight of all. She says it swings heavier)

Does it really matter what it weighs if you know its going to be over sticker and the player likes it? I mean maybe someone should contact Ralph Nader or something.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
And speaking of cheap laughs:

Pick one of the following that does not belong:
A) Steven Anderson
B) Elliott Easton
C) Ray Demarini

Feb 3, 2020
The rollout of the Advanced was no secret to anyone. We have all been harassing Core about it to get cheap laughs for months.

It is no surprise that the goobers at Justbats didnt tell you. Congrats for buying from someone less informed than the shelf stocker at Big Box Sporting Goods.

Easton bats are over sticker. Almost always. Anderson built overweight bats too. Ray Demarini had a different idea.

Sad as it may seem, I have five Eastons here and a scale.

33/25 Ghost ASA 25.3 oz
33/25 Ghost ASA 25.6 oz
33/25 Ghost ADV 25.6 oz
33/24 SSR4B 25.3 oz (Stealth speed, black barrel with purple. Swings like an ASA Ghost )
33/25 Stealth Flex 25.2 oz (Lightest scale weight of all. She says it swings heavier)

Does it really matter what it weighs if you know its going to be over sticker and the player likes it? I mean maybe someone should contact Ralph Nader or something.
Uh huh....

Jun 6, 2018

Yeah and i just pray my girls realize it is just a 2020 with a paint job. But we know how girls are based on looks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish