GHOST ADVANCED

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
You must have a crystal ball there, cause the dealer I purchased from (Just Bats) neglected to mention another bat was coming so close on the heels of this one and i asked. "

Dude, what crystal ball....people have been talking about the ADV since like Aug or sept...no secret...haha. Had a guy
tell me before I knew...and he wasn't a dealer or anybody involved. Maybe you should have did some reading on
forums as it was on here and not just read fb sites. Why is it a store's duty to tell you there may or may not be a bat coming out 7 months later?
And yes, a customer service person on the phone will have no idea why a bat is coming out or anything else for the most
part. That person isn't a CEO or product sales manager or territory manager that is sitting in meeting when they discuss
the nitty gritty.

When you buy a car, does the Dealer tell you, hey, there is a new, completely diff model coming out in 8 months, you can wait
and look at that if you want?

I really don't get your issue to be honest, the ADV ISNT a new or replacement of the 2020 Ghost, its a diff model. So close to the release
of the 2020 Ghost...it was 7 months later, that's over half a year??? Are you mad because your daughter may want the ADV 7 months
after you bought the 2020 Ghost? Don't buy it...you can easily just wait for the next regular Ghost later in the year or buy the ADV
down the road.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2013
Illinois
I have a 2018 33/23 Blue Ghost and a 2020 33/23 Ghost advanced I want to sell. They both have less than 50 swings on them. We keep trying hard to switch over, but DD can't get comfortable with them. $600 for both.

Feb 3, 2020
Dude, what crystal ball....people have been talking about the ADV since like Aug or sept...no secret...haha. Had a guy
tell me before I knew...and he wasn't a dealer or anybody involved. Maybe you should have did some reading on
forums as it was on here, I know that. Why is it a store's duty to tell you there may or may not be a bat coming out 7 months later?

When you buy a car, does the Dealer tell you, hey, there is a new, completely diff model coming out in 8 months, you can wait
and look at that if you want?

I really don't get your issue to be honest, the ADV ISNT a new or replacement of the 2020 Ghost, its a diff model. So close to the release
of the 2020 Ghost...it was 7 months later, that's over half a year??? Are you mad because your daughter may want the ADV 7 months
after you bought the 2020 Ghost? Don't buy it...you can easily just wait for the next regular Ghost later in the year.
Yeah, sorry i did not find this forum earlier. And yeah, your right except I have never seen turn over on a product that fast (sorry) and it looks like as a dealer you would probably know and let your customer maybe know that a high end bat same model was coming out in a month before you bought it unless you don't know as a dealer. In other industries my dealers know a VOKL Mantra ski is coming out at a certain time of the year, usually not two or three versions of the high end Mantra model.
In this case i will put the Ghost in car terms for you to make it simpler, You buy a Fiat, they make a high performance model you have to have it, knowing the engine bolts keep breaking rendering it useless and it is a hassle to get it fixed, everybody knows this including the dealers, but they don't publicly acknowledge this. They bring out the 2020 model and everyone swears this model is solid, now mind you no model of that car has been added in the line per year, then all of a sudden they bring out the FIAT advanced. Are you going to be a little suspicious and cautious when you toss money into a FIAT? ...I think so Bat pro.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The rollout of the Advanced was no secret to anyone. We have all been harassing Core about it to get cheap laughs for months.

It is no surprise that the goobers at Justbats didnt tell you. Congrats for buying from someone less informed than the shelf stocker at Big Box Sporting Goods.

And lets be honest, its mostly high school kids manning the phones for these places, not like they know whats going on,
they are collecting a paycheck. And do you know what would happen if anybody that worked at these places tell a person not to buy a bat...hmmmm.

Dec 11, 2010
I have never seen turn over on a product that fast (sorry) and it looks like as a dealer you would probably know and let your customer maybe know that a high end bat same model was coming out in a month before you bought it unless you don't know as a dealer.

There is a really good chance that the CS rep that is basically an order taker didn’t know. When you deal with companies like JB, personal service is not what you are going to get. Funny thing is, you also aren’t going to get a good price either. (So if they can’t tell you about the product, and there isn’t a discount, why would an educated consumer use that company???) Their job is to take your credit card number and read the offic marketing info off a sheet if the customer asks questions. It’s stuff that you could read yourself on their site. They aren’t experts in any way.

They are also motivated to sell the stock on hand, not the stock that they don’t yet have. (What a bunch of filthy capitalist pigs!)

My dd swings an odd weight of a bat. I have had to warranty replace that bat several times over two years. When I called that company, and told them which bat needed to be warranted, EVERY TIME the company told me that that bat was not made in that size. I would insist there was, and I would read them the model number. They would then find it. (I had this conversation with Brittany R. enough times that I remember her name, lol.) They aren’t product experts. They are cs reps with keyboard and phone skills. (And Brittany R. took very good care of my customer service needs! She gets five out of five stars for how she handled my requests!)

I said this yesterday and I meant it- you might feel short changed, but the bat you bought your dd is top of the line. It is the current model. Easton is still making it and it is available everywhere. I bought an Advanced when they came out. It seems like a nice bat and she seems to like it. I had my reasons for buying it. Will she have better stats or hit more home runs with it than she would with her boring old, worn out blue ghosts? Nope. Don’t sweat it. What you bought is gtg.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Yeah, sorry i did not find this forum earlier. And yeah, your right except I have never seen turn over on a product that fast (sorry) and it looks like as a dealer you would probably know and let your customer maybe know that a high end bat same model was coming out in a month before you bought it unless you don't know as a dealer. In other industries my dealers know a VOKL Mantra ski is coming out at

Its not the same model or a replacement because of any durability as you brought up as well, you're stuck on that point.
They are NO WAY going to send you an ADV if any other Ghost breaks, so has nothing to do with replacing because of durability. If you have it in your mind there is some hidden agenda...then nothing anybody can say to help ease your mind. I really don't know why
you're so upset about a bat being released 7 months after another model, but cant do anything about that. Its not a "sport" or "better" model of the 2020 Ghost, its a different model. They used the composite material that they use in their baseball ADV bat line and trying it in a fp bat. Still an easy solution, don't buy it, you already have a great performing bat as it is.

Dec 11, 2010
They are NO WAY going to send you an ADV if any other Ghost breaks,
Dude.... Brittany would do it. Just sayin’.

(People, I’m kidding. Please don’t call and ask for Brittany. Poor kid is trying to make a living, don't screw that up for her.)

Feb 3, 2020
There is a really good chance that the CS rep that is basically an order taker didn’t know. When you deal with companies like JB, personal service is not what you are going to get. Funny thing is, you also aren’t going to get a good price either. (So if they can’t tell you about the product, and there isn’t a discount, why would an educated consumer use that company???) Their job is to take your credit card number and read the marketing info off a sheet if the customer asks questions. It’s stuff that you could read yourself on their site. They aren’t experts in any way.

They are also motivated to sell the stock on hand, not the stock that they don’t yet have. (What a bunch of filthy capitalist pigs!)

My dd swings an odd weight of a bat. I have had to warranty replace that bat several times over two years. When I called that company, and told them which bat needed to be warranted, EVERY TIME the company told me that that bat was not made in that size. I would insist there was, and I would read them the model number. They would then find it. (I had this conversation with Brittany R. enough times that I remember her name, lol.) They aren’t product experts. They are cs reps with keyboard and phone skills. (And Brittany R. took very good care of my customer service needs! She gets five out of five stars for how she handled my requests!)

I said this yesterday and I meant it- you might feel short changed, but the bat you bought your dd is top of the line. I bought an Advanced when they came out. It seems like a nice bat and she seems to like it. I had my reasons for buying it. Will she have better stats or hit more home runs with it than she would with her boring old, worn out blue ghosts? Nope. Don’t sweat it. What you bought is gtg.
Thanks for the advice. Actually other than not knowing Easton was going to start pushing out the advanced, I try to be educated on this stuff, (hard to demo other than buy and try unless it pops up at a game and we can) and we also play 365 here so most of the gear gets real world work.
Not slagging Easton as the FIAT of bats but they have kind of earned that on their own. Yet, we love the performance of the Ghosts, but I think it's fair to say they haven't yet figured out the reliability and that's what's got us on edge with the models.

I did get a great deal on it (We buy a lot of stuff) and they will help me if this one breaks, so other than just not being in the "know" on the advanced, so soon to buying this as long as it holds up, i am cool with it. For the record I love to support small business. On the west coast we have lost a lot of those. Glad to find this forum though.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying