FYB clarification

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
just adding another naked guy to the thread.

I want to know what the sensors taped to his body read. Which fired first the glute or the obliques? I don't think it matters much and would believe it would be almost simultaneously but still interested in results.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I want to know what the sensors taped to his body read. Which fired first the glute or the obliques? I don't think it matters much and would believe it would be almost simultaneously but still interested in results.

FWIW... I asked my dd what she feels. She said both simultaneously. She has a better swing than mine so...

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
FWIW... I asked my dd what she feels. She said both simultaneously. She has a better swing than mine so...
Maybe i am doing it wrong, but i have never really felt the glute activating. When does that happen? Is it part of the core that is activated and i always just assumed obliques?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Maybe i am doing it wrong, but i have never really felt the glute activating. When does that happen? Is it part of the core that is activated and i always just assumed obliques?

Glute activation.. during the load. Glute firing.. toe touch. Posture matters. You can easily come out of your posterior(glute) load and deactivate them.

Feb 25, 2020
It’s reactive. Sequence the body right and it just happens. I still contend it happens that way. That’s how I feel it. Heck you didn’t even know what the obliques were! Haha. Let it go. these games are tiresome.

ps. hip flexion/extension is reactive as well. Stop telling people to create more. That just pushes them out of posture and sequence. Do you ever swing a bat?

Hip flexion IS posture. The whole point of posture is to have hip flexion. I'll just use ambiguous and non-specific terms like posture from now on. Also, It's not reactive. You need to have it(or get it in the stride/moving out). Hip flexion = crouch or hip joint more like this < .

Hip extension is reactive and a non-teach. I've never said try to do it harder or faster or get more. It is a good thing to look at though. I think its the best indicator of how good the sequence is (because it is what the sequence is all about).

And yes, I swing the bat. I'll post some shirtless videos too if you want :ROFLMAO:.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Hip flexion IS posture. The whole point of posture is to have hip flexion. I'll just use ambiguous and non-specific terms like posture from now on. Also, It's not reactive. You need to have it(or get it in the stride/moving out). Hip flexion = crouch or hip joint more like this < .

Hip extension is reactive and a non-teach. I've never said try to do it harder or faster or get more. It is a good thing to look at though. I think its the best indicator of how good the sequence is (because it is what the sequence is all about).

And yes, I swing the bat. I'll post some shirtless videos too if you want :ROFLMAO:.

you have it backwards. Posture IS or creates good or bad hip flexion. You can create hip flexion the wrong way. That’s why it’s called posture not hip flexion.

hip flexion is not the sequence. It, like the rest of the sequence matters. But it’s all one thing, it’s not this or that or another and you’re good. It all works together to create a good swing.

Gauging hip flexion/extension as the end all can be misleading. Directional issues and power production can still be a problem with great hip flexion/extension. Posture is a better description of what needs to take place imo. That’s the external cue.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin

I have no idea what hip flexion is in the swing. I looked up hip flexion and got this picture. Can you show me in the swing? Honest question.

1587070456985.png

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207