Fundraising

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 10, 2010
Looking for a few or new/unique fundraising ideas? What are some examples that have worked for you? Want to avoid have too many "nickle & dime" events.

Thanks -

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
The best method of raising money I have ever seen has been Charity Poker. If your state allows for it I highly recommend it.

Michigan allows texas hold'em parties. You have to be a non-profit and have gone through all the government BS to make it legit. According to the law we can have up to 4 charity poker events per year, with a max of 4 days for each of them. We work with a guy who literally runs charity poker parties 7 days a week 52 weeks a year. We get the license for our party. He has an agreement with a local pub where the parties are held. We provide 2-3 workers who are there for the whole party. Its not the same people the whole time we work in shifts 3-5 hour shifts. Each family works 2 shifts (total not for each party) for each daughter they have playing. Work extra shifts and you can have money taken off your team fees. The duties are selling chips, and buying them back. That's pretty much it. The dealers are all employed by the party organizer, drinks and food are served by the pub staff. At the end of the 4 nights we typically bring in over 5k for the organization. Do the math and that comes out to 20,000+ per year. the beauty of it is this. You didn't sell a dang thing to someone who will show up at your desk or at your door to sell you something for their kids team.

From that each team in our group (4 age groups) will have an equipment budget, training budget, league fees for 12 doubleheaders, umps, and 4 tournaments. Each family will pay $100 for the first daughter and $50 ea for 2nd, 3rd... (unless you work extra shifts and then your fees go down, if you don't work your required shifts your fees can be as high as $200)... everything else comes from this one fundraising source.

Nov 17, 2009
Here is what our 12 & 14U teams did last year together. We went to our local printing and got them to donate flyers and the local grocery store to donate charcoal and BBQ sauce.
Each girl got a stack of flyers in which we pre-sold slabs of ribs. They sold for $15 each. Each slab profited $8. Our local Supermarket sold the ribs to us at cost and even had them trimmed up for us. So if the kids and parents really worked you could make so good money. It took a lot of help from the parents. The dads started at 6am with 4 giant smokers and smoked around 500 slabs of ribs in one day. The girls and moms were inside doing the wrapping and fulfilling orders. Now what made this all work was we sold for three weeks and cooked the ribs on the Saturday before Superbowl Sunday. It worked great, people bought all their Superbowl food and all they had to do is warm the ribs up on Sunday. People also bought them and froze them. ALL the parents and girls had a blast and we plan to do it again this year. It is a group effort but is a really good bonding time for the teams. If you sold a lot of ribs then you profited good. Every dollar profited came off that girls team dues. 1 girl made over $250. Our total profit was around $4000

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
Here is what our 12 & 14U teams did last year together. We went to our local printing and got them to donate flyers and the local grocery store to donate charcoal and BBQ sauce.
Each girl got a stack of flyers in which we pre-sold slabs of ribs. They sold for $15 each. Each slab profited $8. Our local Supermarket sold the ribs to us at cost and even had them trimmed up for us. . .

This is a good idea, but please check with your local health department. :)

Jan 4, 2011
Washington
I am the fundraising chair for our local parks and rec division. We are going to sell fun shaped pasta. We did this for my sons preschool last year, and was by far one of the easiest fundraisers I have ever done! You can make a 50% profit, when you sell $3001 worth of pasta or more. So sell $3001 in retail of pasta and you made $1500 for your organization! No waiting for the money to come from someone else, you have it right off the bat, you just send in your order and keep the profit portion.

May 10, 2010
I am the fundraising chair for our local parks and rec division. We are going to sell fun shaped pasta. We did this for my sons preschool last year, and was by far one of the easiest fundraisers I have ever done! You can make a 50% profit, when you sell $3001 worth of pasta or more. So sell $3001 in retail of pasta and you made $1500 for your organization! No waiting for the money to come from someone else, you have it right off the bat, you just send in your order and keep the profit portion.

Which organization/company do you use for something like that?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma