Fundraising???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2017
So we are a new team in need of some Fundraising ideas, we have reached out to Publix (We are in Florida), Walmart, Costco, Sam's and all have nothing available for hat drops until next year. What other fundraiser have yall done that was successful?
Check out the other grocery chains as well.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
If you have charity poker in your state it’s a great money maker. I worked extra events and I didn’t have to pay any team dues or fees for 4 years straight

Dec 19, 2023
Do teams open up a separate bank account to handle team transactions? We are a team under a club that is a 501c3, but anytime we enter tournaments or have some type of team expense, we all just venmo the coach our 1/xxth of the cost, coach in turn pays the expense. If we do receive a donation, we run it through the club so the donor can get the tax deduction.

However, we are thinking of doing super bowl blocks to "fundraise" for some expenses (tournaments, travel, etc) so that's a lot of cash/transactions to track. Obviously we're not going to run it through the club bank account since it's technically gambling. Should we open a separate bank account, probably under the coach's name and have that linked to a separate Venmo to collect and payout. This way the Venmo account won't be linked to any coach/parent's personal bank account and put their personal funds at risk if there was some fraud or hack. The $ we keep would just sit there and be paid out as expenses are incurred. Coach could also use this account to collect future 1/xxth when it comes up.

Or is this all too much work?

Jun 1, 2015
A 16U rec team I coached in 2021 did a car wash and bottle drive on a June Saturday morning/afternoon at the local firehouse (one player's dad was a town fire commissioner, so we got the lot for free). 14 girls for 4 hours (each had to work 2 out of the 4, I think all but 1 stayed all 4 hours) - 10 washed and 4 sorted/counted bottles/cans. Washes were by donation - girls alternated standing roadside with homemade signs - bought pizza/water for lunch. We earned a combined $1,720 in bottle returns and car washes. Just had to pay for the pizza/water, soap, and a couple of sponges.

Nov 18, 2015
Super Bowl squares - winner keeps 50% - we use a free site that handles the random number assignment and even allows for a different score combo to be used for each quarter (so you're not stuck with 8 & 2 the whole game). Will find it and post.

@$20/square, and if you can fill it, it works out to around $1000 for the team. (with inflation, I think we're up to $25) The few years we've done it, it's not unusual for one of the quarter-winners to just donate the winnings to the team as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414