Feedback on the JJ DDs

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013

All of that movement just to get her hands to the same GO position as below:

CDavisSCIP4.gif
Follow along with the non-sense.

bigDD%2030.jpg
CDavisGo.gif

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
This is the clip that Fatboy say's I'm claiming:
JJSqueezeGo.gif

When I distinctly said:
All of that movement just to get her hands to the same GO position as below:

bigDD%2030.jpg
CDavisGo.gif

So why would Fatboy purposely use the wrong clip? And then why would he claim I'm doctoring clips?

Last edited:

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Absolute GARBAGE!
TeacherDump_zps2d9211d5.gif

But this,,, and the way the kid is performing the drill is very good. Do you know why?

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Absolute GARBAGE!

But this,,, and the way the kid is performing the drill is very good. Do you know why?

I see two things:
1) He is loading his hands as he is tipping the barrel towards the pitcher.
2) He is taking a hand path to the ball as he is turning them to get the barrel to the ball.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
I see two things:
1) He is loading his hands as he is tipping the barrel towards the pitcher.
2) He is taking a hand path to the ball as he is turning them to get the barrel to the ball.
Bingo!!! Negative load toward the pitcher/positive load @ GO.

#2 is where the meat and potatoes are. Even though the positive barrel load from that exaggerated tip is BIG, this hitter DOES NOT sit back and just "turn the barrel". His hands are getting the handle to the RELEASE point WHILE the barrel is being loaded. Therefore he is still able to get to the INSIDE seam of the ball with some semblance of a hinge angle.

This is the 2 competing priorities of the hands. And it creates quick, educated hands.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Bingo!!! Negative load toward the pitcher/positive load @ GO.

#2 is where the meat and potatoes are. Even though the positive barrel load from that exaggerated tip is BIG, this hitter DOES NOT sit back and just "turn the barrel". His hands are getting the handle to the RELEASE point WHILE the barrel is being loaded. Therefore he is still able to get to the INSIDE seam of the ball with some semblance of a hinge angle.

This is the 2 competing priorities of the hands. And it creates quick, educated hands.

TeeDrillRH.gif

(easier to read and see gif)

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Do not worry about the scap with the young one... Just make sure her core/lower back are controlling the bat twirl she has. Start out more stacked and allow the middle (cat/cow) to control the rest.

u7OA3r.gif

Do Not do this garbage... This is nothing but a sequence killer..

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32