Feedback on the JJ DDs

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
I realize the point of showing that young man was for the hands portion of the swing but can we talk about his back foot? It looks like a squash the bug which was pointed out as something for JJ's younger daughter to work on. What does a good pivot look like?

And while I'm at it, is anyone a fan of the no stride approach? Wide stance with load on the rear leg

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Hey Fatness,
This is a hitter. He understands the importance of getting the barrel to the ball. That requires a plan. A plan requires DIRECTION. Loading the barrel is INCORPORATED into the DIRECTION.

RyTee.gif

Now, why don't you tell everyone your THEORY on how the rear hip grabs the dumped barrel. I'm sure you still have SOME believers, right?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I realize the point of showing that young man was for the hands portion of the swing but can we talk about his back foot? It looks like a squash the bug which was pointed out as something for JJ's younger daughter to work on. What does a good pivot look like?

And while I'm at it, is anyone a fan of the no stride approach? Wide stance with load on the rear leg

SBmom, squishing the bug is a ground-up cause. This young girl is using her middle first and allows the energy to flow down her legs to her feet. IOW's her legs are reacting/supporting whats happening above.

Last edited:

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Kind of chuckling at all the Chris Davis gifs. He is sooo lost right now. I mean "Mendoza line and 100 strikeouts"-type lost.
Scary, right? Monster year last year though.

I used to compare everything to Miggy, but some folks complained. They wanted more Allen Craig... LOL

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
A bug underneath either one of those back feet is going to wind up being squished, so what's the real difference?
This hitter like most 'bug squisher' turn their rear leg/hip/foot as one unit all together
squishing the bug is a ground-up cause.
2yo94y9.jpg

middle first and allows the energy to flow down his legs to his feet. IOW's his legs are reacting/supporting whats happening above.
TeeDrillRH.gif

Hope you see the differences?

Last edited:

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
thanks for the info folks. It's been helpful. The plan is starting to develop. I am going to get the live swings up today. So much changes between the T and a pitched ball in my eyes, it will be interesting to see what feedback that generates.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
JJ, also notice focus on how the middle is causing the change in direction of the barrel for you're youngest vs the older child.. IMO you're older one is using her rear leg to assist in creating the change in direction of the barrel.

a1O0DP.gif

u7OA3r.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd